• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Honestly I'm all for any range that doesn't charge per gun as it'll be a group that would get pricey. My favorite range in the area is Cedar Ridge based on the separate bays but I like Bexar community as well. This go around I would definitely be contacting the range to inform of a group coming so maybe we can be a little more organized. I know it will be hard to accomplish given the setup of the range but I liked when we had a range day at Dietz in New Braunfels because of the closeness and at Bexar Community it was two separate groups. All ears for suggestions and as of right now my vote is for either Saturday the 23rd or the 30th as it will give everyone more time if you have to request the day off like I do.

I'd be up for Cedar Ridge, Dietz, A Place to Shoot or the Bullethole. The Premier show is on the 23rd so that might impact some decisions to go. the 30th works great for me
    Lynx Defense

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    SA Group Range Day March (?) 2013

I'd be up for Cedar Ridge, Dietz, A Place to Shoot or the Bullethole. The Premier show is on the 23rd so that might impact some decisions to go. the 30th works great for me

Could also be a good Saturday to hit the range though, think about it a lot of people at the gun show instead of the range. Also just throwing this out there I'm gonna be heading to Cedar Ridge this Thursday (time unknown yet but probably sometime between 12 and 2) for some range time if anyone wanted to join me.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Honestly I'm all for any range that doesn't charge per gun as it'll be a group that would get pricey. My favorite range in the area is Cedar Ridge based on the separate bays but I like Bexar community as well. This go around I would definitely be contacting the range to inform of a group coming so maybe we can be a little more organized. I know it will be hard to accomplish given the setup of the range but I liked when we had a range day at Dietz in New Braunfels because of the closeness and at Bexar Community it was two separate groups. All ears for suggestions and as of right now my vote is for either Saturday the 23rd or the 30th as it will give everyone more time if you have to request the day off like I do.

FWIW, I can't stand the range nazis at Cedar Ridge. They accused me of shooting sticks and wanted to ban me. My friend talked them out of it, and I honestly wish he hadn't.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    SA Group Range Day March (?) 2013

Road trip?

Do it!

I was trying to add a poll to the thread to get some feedback but its not letting me but it was basically gonna be pick what you prefer.

Pick one:

-Saturday March 23rd
    -Saturday March 30th

And what range:

-Cedar Ridge
    -Bexar Community
    -A Place To Shoot
    -Bullethole
    -Dietz

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I can do the 23rd @ Cedar Ridge or Bexar.

I did just notice that Cedar Ridge has an event going on:
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype, Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif][/FONT]4th Saturday - Texas Steel (Steel Challenge Format for .22 LR Handguns Only)

I'm not sure how big this event is, but it might be something to consider as far as range availability.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    It's looking like the most votes for Saturday the 23rd, if nobody is opposed I can call the date official so we can start prepping and work out any details while we decide on a location.

I can do the 23rd @ Cedar Ridge or Bexar.

I did just notice that Cedar Ridge has an event going on:
    4th Saturday - Texas Steel (Steel Challenge Format for .22 LR Handguns Only)

I'm not sure how big this event is, but it might be something to consider as far as range availability.

Yeah I forgot about their weekend matches (every Saturday and Sunday), don't know why I did because I've been debating on going to check out an IPSC and .22 matches there though I have been there on the weekend to shoot but it was after the comps were over (I believe we got there around 2ish). But it looks like Cedar Ridge is out, pulled this schedule from their website:

Schedule

Competition Clubs - Monthly Match Schedule

1st Saturday - Texas Tactical (CQB Carbine)
    1st Sunday - A.S.S.C. Action Handgun

2nd Saturday - Texas Steel (Steel Challenge Format)
    2nd Sunday - Open

3rd Saturday - Texas Tactical (Handgun)
    3rd Sunday - Alpha Mike - IPSC

4th Saturday - Texas Steel (Steel Challenge Format for .22 LR Handguns Only)
    4th Sunday - Texas Tactical (Handgun)

*Any 5th weekend days may also have matches scheduled, so please call for information.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So Bexar?? :rolleyes:

I think it was mentioned before, so I'd be willing to throw in some ammo to a general collection for those that may be without. I can't commit to a certain amount right this minute, but if that is a reason for anyone not to show up, at least they could get some range time in and get to meet each other too. At this point it would most likely be .223, 7.62x39, .22LR or 7.62x54R. Maybe some .40 or .45. It depends what pistols I bring.

Top Bottom