• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Soooo I noticed something strange last night. I wonder how I got there, its just been 2 years I have been carrying regularly.

20130531_235239_zpsfeee0dd0.jpg
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Kinda funny.....was by Storied Firearms yesterday on the way to a customer site, and while there, a young couple came in just to look at some guns. He had trigger discipline down pat, but when he passed over to the wife, she naturally put her finger on the trigger. Watched it several times, but he never said anything, so I just went up alongside and, as tactfully as possible explained why that was a bad idea - then stepped back. Later, they were looking at my P938, and as he passed it over to her, she kept her finger off the trigger, looked at me and gave me a sheepish grin. WINNER!!!!

Hopin' they'll show up here - told them about the site, and gave 'em the site name. Nice younger couple, looking for "their" first gun and unsure what to get. Charlie (as usual) encouraged them to try LOTS of 'em, and emphasized that they were welcome to come by any time and ask questions, no matter WHERE they bought their gun. Encouraged them not to be in a hurry, and to explore all options.

Yeah - kuddo's ta Charlie and Storied Firearms - he's always been a first-class guy in my book.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    "Get your finger off the trigger till you are on target".
    I musta said that 50 times yesterday. My buddy brought his 7&8 yo grandsons out to the farm yesterday.
    Good boys, and they usually listen real well, just a bad habit from water guns and such.
    I'll keep after 'em!

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    I've noticed myself doing the same thing all the time. I accidentally "loaded" and racked the imaginary slide on a power drill once. >.>

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Being a carpenter, I use triggered tools all day. I am constantly noticing how I have excellent trigger finger control. It is so ingrained in me that it feels weird to put my finger on a trigger unless I am about to "shoot".

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yep. All the time.
    Uh, no.

Obviously, I'd never teach a beginner or anyone interested in defensive uses anything but the standard rules, no exceptions. However, for Conventional Pistol and all the ISSF disciplines the finger goes on the trigger well before the sights are on the target.

At least, it works that way for anyone who actually wants to win anything. ;)

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I grab damn near any inanimate object that way. Sometimes I notice and feel like a pansy. The other day I was finishing a popsicle with the kids and poked myself in the eye. Rich people raise their pinky, gun owners raise their index.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've noticed I'm starting to separate my trigger finger from the rest and sort of point it when I shake hands. No idea when that started...

Uh, no.

Obviously, I'd never teach a beginner or anyone interested in defensive uses anything but the standard rules, no exceptions. However, for Conventional Pistol and all the ISSF disciplines the finger goes on the trigger well before the sights are on the target.

At least, it works that way for anyone who actually wants to win anything. ;)

Eh, I'm more "ready to fire" than "sights on target". If you think that there are situations where point-shooting is acceptable (like I do), "sights on target" doesn't even apply. Same with a lot of shotgun disciplines. To go to the extreme, if you're shooting a round of skeet, there are stations where if you put your sight(s) on target and pull the trigger, you won't be even close to hitting the target.

Sig leaves the holster, then I get my two handed grip established and as I press out from there and am picking up the sights, my finger is on the trigger and applying pressure.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom