• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marineimaging

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Heads up. I recently bought a .22 Marlin 60 rifle with the tube feed. Had my grandsons out rabbit hunting one night. When we decided to call it quits I showed them how to remove the bullets from the tube, then, because I was aware of it from past experience I showed them there was not just one in the chamber, there was also one in the feeder. I cleared them both and was explaining to always assume a gun is loaded, even if you just emptied it. I pointed it away and pulled the trigger. As you can guess, there was even ANOTHER one in the tube which had cycled into battery. My point is to watch out for the Marlin 60 when unloading. P.S. the reason I didn't know the bolt had not locked back was because we were doing this in the dark under a small light and I was giving them more eye contact than the gun.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, you have to clear the tube, the chamber AND the lifter. Replace the magazine spring, cycle the action a few times to make sure you didn't miss one (clearing the tube isn't exactly a sure bet, IMO), then lock the bolt back and make sure you see the red follower down under the lifter.

Good rifle, but I agree that clearing it can be a pain.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Maybe that little scare will help them learn their lesson.

I took my father-in-law out to the range today. It had been a long time since he had been shooting so I was keeping a close eye when he complained that my Kimber wouldn't shoot. As he was lowering the gun I saw/heard the trigger reset. I was just starting to explain it to him when he pulled the trigger again. It was pointed safely downrange but it scared the shit out of him. A good reminder of how dangerous just a little carelessness can be.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Had a guy out shooting couple weeks ago that did the same thing with my neos, guy shot once then looked confused and said it wouldn't fire, I asked if he heard the pin strike(because i had just got it back from beretta for fail to fires), he said it didn't do anything as he prepared to clear it. apparently in our short discusion he allowed the trigger to reset and when he went for the slide to clear it he squeezed and bang. He turned white as a ghost for a few seconds. He did keep the firearm down range through the whole thing.

Top Bottom