• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    A friend of mine owns a Saiga which I have had a little trigger time with but I have never had a chance to compare it to other autoloaders like the benelli M4. I have shot a Charles Daly autoloader as well as a couple of Beretta autos and I own a couple of pumps. After running some shells through the Saiga, I must admit, I was pretty impressed. Hell, even for just busting clays, this thing got it done with style. However, I have always been a big fan of the benelli m4 even though I have never shot one. Is it worth saving my pennies to get the Benelli or is the Saiga just as lethal and reliable at substantial savings ? Now obviously I am not looking for a bird gun, just a bad-ass suppressive fire thunder maker. The detacheable magazine seems like a plus but not a huge factor for me. Someone has got to have more trigger time with both, step up to the mic and let us know what you think. Thanks - Texmex
    Venture Surplus ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ive been wondering if you could make one of those ar-15 full auto simulation stocks work on a saiga.

that would be SICK

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    There's nothing wrong with the Benelli M4 except the price and the length of pull of the fixed stock. I'm not a real big fan of ghost ring sights on a shotgun, but I can live with that.

The Saiga 12 has a lot going for it, detachable magazines being a big one. And if you're already running an AK, the commonality of arms is another big factor. Also, mag fed 12 gauges made in Russia make liberals cry. S12b (2) resized.jpg

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    The Saiga's in the video are badass, but like RetArmySgt said are heavily modified. I'm a big fan of the Benelli M1 Super 90 platform. GREAT weapon.

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    For reliability it's hard to beat the Benelli. I would go with the M2. I have run both platforms and just prefer the Benelli. The Saiga would make a great platform but I can't see spending 3k to get one that runs most of the time. I shoot mostly irons in 3 gun so the M2 works well. I keep a pair of old M1 shotguns ready to go also.
    I am working on a Saiga for the few matches that allow box fed guns in limited.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Now i have a saiga and you will have to do some tweaking to get it to run super smooth. Meaning it is initially finicky with ammo. You don't have to spend 3 grand but you are going got have to commit to putzing with it and taking advantage of all the work and knowledge that other have gained. Now if you want one that will run slicker than snot right out of the box go with the benelli but if you want to have a shotgun that is a soft shooter and has the capability to rock a 20 round drum mag then drink the cool aid and jump aboard.

GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment6.jpg

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Now i have a saiga and you will have to do some tweaking to get it to run super smooth. Meaning it is initially finicky with ammo. You don't have to spend 3 grand but you are going got have to commit to putzing with it and taking advantage of all the work and knowledge that other have gained. Now if you want one that will run slicker than snot right out of the box go with the benelli but if you want to have a shotgun that is a soft shooter and has the capability to rock a 20 round drum mag then drink the cool aid and jump aboard.

View attachment 8214
    View attachment 8215

Wow, that is a beautiful saiga.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    If i can ever afford one i would pull the trigger on one just to have. auto loaders are nice but i also like the pump reliability so I just added a mav 88 pump as a backup ( too good of a deal to pass up). I have champagne taste and a MD 20/20 budget plus i like to do the work tweaking and upgrading myself.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    My buddys saiga is bone stock except for an adjustable gas block. Before he installed the block, it would only reliably cycle 3" or high powered rounds. Post gas block, it runs through 2 3/4" bird shot without hiccups. I strongly believe in the "you get what you pay for rule" but with minor mods, the saigas seem golden.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    there is another adjustable gas knob out now ....welll its been out for a while call the "auto plug" tac47industries. it works really well so this way you don't have to worry about adjusting your gas system you just shoot what ever round you want. the guy must be busy as he doesn't seem to answer any emails or from his "contact me " section which in my opinion is bad business but the plug does work.

Top Bottom