• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Is it just me, or are Saiga 12 shotgun prices out of control. I know they are very popular, and there is a looming ban, but seriously? I just saw a tactical one on TGT for $2800! There are still some around for $600 on some sites, but obviously the plain Jane versions. Am I missing something here, or are they that awesome to command such prices? $600 to $1000 for an upgraded one sounds alright, but it is still a Saiga. I have always considered Saigas the SKS of the shotgun world, no matter what you do to it, it is still an SKS. Not that they are junk, but they seem to me to be the lower end of the auto loading world.

I just wanted to get some other opinions, and see if I am still sane.
    Target Sports

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    Yeah I know a guy who has a pawn shop/gun store and he admits straight out that he's just jacking up the prices cause everybody else is. He has the same guns in stock (about 20) he's had for almost a year, so it's not like he paid high prices for them to get 'em in stock, he paid for 'em before all this ban stuff scared the prices up. He basically says "why should I sell these (non-converted) for $400 like I used to when I can charge $800 for 'em and they'll still sell cause that's still cheaper than most everyone else is selling 'em for". I called him an asshole and he laughed and that's basically what I think most people are doing.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    It's that time of year.

It does this annually.

We are at the end of the yearly delivery cycle (the next shipment is due any time) and at this time, the prices are up, idiots are blathering about "They're gonna be banned!" (which only serves to drive the prices up due to panic buying), and this cycle will continue until the new shipments hits retailers.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am glad to hear that the prices are high. I just don't see the value in them, atleast not at those prices. But I guess, if people pay that, people can charge that.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    They are still $499.00 shipped here
    I think there are still deals out there, but I don't think they are worth the 500 like this one at this site. I could see maybe spending around 450 for an unconverted one.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    It does this annually.

I don't ever remember the ATF releasing anything publicly before like they did last month seeking to stop their importation, have they done that every year also???
    If you actually read the study, it didn't mention anything about banning the Saiga.

It was some law office that opined the revenuers would be announcing the Saiga would be banned (they had no idea it was going to be a study).

Top Bottom