DK Firearms

SAK - I thought that someone would post this news from several days or so ago.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    The SAK Company is making a SAK set with NO KNIFE in it.

It will have this or that INSIDE of the SAK 'set' but no knife.

Let me find that piece of news for you if I can.

Old Lady Cate who LOVES knives!

PS:

DISCLAIMER: I do not use folding or pocket knives any longer due to my hand issues. NOT for some time as in several YEARS ago.

I do USE and carry FIXED BLADE knives.
    Lynx Defense

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA

MONEYWATCH

Victorinox says it's developing Swiss Army Knives without blades​

New versions of the iconic Swiss Army Knife could soon be missing a key component: an actual knife.

Victorinox, the maker of the iconic red-handled Swiss Army Knife, said in an email to CBS MoneyWatch that it's in the "early stages of developing new pocket tools without blades." It stressed that the new products won't replace its existing lineup, which include at least one blade as well as numerous other tools, ranging from toothpicks to screwdrivers.

The development of the new tools come as Victorinox CEO Carl Elsener Jr. told Swiss media outlet Blick that he was concerned about laws in some countries that prohibit people from carrying knives, according to CNN, which earlier reported the development of the new products.

MORE ON THE LINK.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Snippet:

"The Swiss Army Knife was created and patented by Karl Elsener in 1897, the great-grandfather of the company's current CEO. The company also produces watches, clothing, travel gear and cutlery."

The old man, KE, is rolling in his grave now.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    One link to another link and more:

Swiss Army Knife set to release a new pocket tool — without a knife — citing ‘violence in the world’​

By
    Social Links forShannon Thaler

MORE on the ABOVE LINK - NY POST LINK

~~~

I saw/read several stories about the SAK news on various BUSINESS WEBSITES and in business sections of national and foreign news websites.

What a bunch of salami when they = SAK mentions 'VIOLENCE IN THE WORLD - bla - bla" - that is the TIME WHEN AN INNOCENT PERSON OR A VICTIM WOULD NEED SOMETHING TO DEFEND THEMSELVES!

Now, if someone REALLY WANTS a SAK set with NO KNIFE IN IT = more power to them = free will and all.

But the VIOLENCE line is a feel good wishy/washy comment.

Yet, MANY of the SAME PEOPLE WHO WILL BUY knife-LESS SAK sets and support the violence lines - SAK ad line CAUSE are the same FREAKING ___ who support and want to GIVE MONEY and goods to Ukraine, Israel and to EVERY OTHER SINGLE COUNTRY all around the world for their FEEL GOOD ___ BS wars!

While they NEGLECT their OWN countries in ALL ways including their borders and NEEDY PEOPLE! More taxes spent in endless AND psychotic wars!

Old Lady Cate

PS: I do NOT remember or I forgot that SAK EVER made a SAK set in the past or at ANY OTHER TIME with NO KNIFE in it. I have NOT KEPT UP with any knife forums.

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Swiss Army Device. Just… SAD!

SAD - good name for it because it IS just plain SAD that they have NO knife in their set.

But to each their own - I would NOT buy one for myself.

Some feel good - ANTI knife/gun woman or man would buy them so more power to them.

I do believe that is THEIR CHOICE even if I do not agree with them or I do NOT LIKE the NO KNIFE set or company comments or company CAUSE.

I think that it is all a bunch of hooey and a FEEL GOOD ad campaign.

Old Lady Cate

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We know that London has total gun prohibition, knife control, & hammer control; while preparing wrench & umbrella control.

They consider those ‘’civilization’’.

Funny that none of those were needed until Britain ended IMMIGRANT CONTROL.

I saw last week that the Muslim Mayor of London was re-elected, AGAIN.

Arrogance & STUPIDITY make for a really bad combination !

p.s.

BTW, Kate; many of us Elders here share the ‘hand problems’’ issue. What are you doing about handguns?

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    <>

We know that London has total gun prohibition, knife control, & hammer control; while preparing wench & umbrella control.

p.s.

BTW, Kate; many of us Elders here share the ‘hand problems’’ issue. What are you doing about handguns?

leVieux

<>
    LOLz, England is gone!
    And we dint even have to shoot them....again.
    LOLz, the limeys went slimey!

Joe

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    The TSA almost confiscated my P-38 can opener. The 4th TSA "officer" finally knew what it was and "allowed" me keep it. With my track record, a TSA-friendly tool would be confiscated for sure. :mad:
    I have owned and used regularly the TSA friendly Leatherman tool. It is a viable market for those who have to empty their pockets for entry. I prefer to go places my Pistol is welcome, but life requires some compromise.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The TSA almost confiscated my P-38 can opener. The 4th TSA "officer" finally knew what it was and "allowed" me keep it. With my track record, a TSA-friendly tool would be confiscated for sure. :mad:
    <>

I was a Surgeon long ago, but remained a micro-surgeon in Interventional Neuroradiology for 40 years. I’ still a licensed Physician/Surgeon inTX & 2 other states. I’m also a licensed Pilot since 1968.

TSA once took a small surgical clamp from me. A CLAMP. There is no way that a little clamp could be a weapon.

BUT,

This has to be the ultimate TSA stupidity tale: https://www.cnn.com/2002/US/02/27/war.hero.cnna/

<>

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    <>

We know that London has total gun prohibition, knife control, & hammer control; while preparing wrench & umbrella control.

p.s.

leVieux

<>

Hello,

I sold and gifted my former handguns.

ALMOST all of them were eventually SOLD or GIFTED out here in Montana as time went on my due to my old accident injuries - broken bones, nerve damage, etc. due to a VERY bad FALL where I ROLLED my entire body when I fell but did not HIT my head SINCE MY ARM STOPPED THAT but my NECK took a twist, arthritis, old age, etc. I was in a big plaster ARM cast with my one arm and I had to learn how to USE my fingers, hands and arm all over again.

I use a cane on and off too. I do NOT need it all of the time but I do use it when I get out of bed most of the time AND if I have a BAD DAY.

But most of the time - I do NOT need it but the cane IS THERE if I do need it JUST IN CASE. So I travel with it - JUST IN CASE. Short rides - day trips or longer trips.

I USED to HIKE with NO CANE when I first came out here. I did NOT USE a wooden HIKING STICK years ago.

I do NOT have a walking stick yet but I do have a METAL CANE.

I DO SWIM as I have since I was put in the water as a baby, little kid, teen and on. But one swimming stroke is something that I have not been able to do WELL due to the OLD accident and RANGE OF MOTION issues. One part of my LEFT arm in one type of swimming does not work that well in a fast paced stroke on my back. I still do it, SWIM IT, but it does NOT WORK as well as it should and I do NOT get the same effect, look or SPEED since the bad fall. I do have the speed and effect with OTHER SWIMMING but not the one type of a backstroke.

IT is not the same - I deal with it and I THANK GOD that I was NOT PARALYZED FROM THE BAD FALL which I could have been easily due to the NATURE of the fall and the LANDING on a hard, stone gravel driveway AFTER loading a push mower onto the bed of a truck with my late husband.

DUMB @@@ ME HAD TO CRAWL BACK UP THERE AND PUT AN OLD BLANKET BY THE MOWER SO HIS NICE TRUCK WOULD NOT GET A TINY SCRATCH ON IT WHEN HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS JUST FINE TIED ALL DOWN.

BUT I DID NOT LISTEN TO HIM and I crawled back UP there to do this and the truck was parked, not moving with no engine turned on and before HE KNEW IT - I was UP there puttering around with an OLD BLANKET on the mower!

I WAS STUPID and I should have LEFT IT ALONE but I always thought that I could DO JUST ABOUT ANY SINGLE THING THAT I PUT MY MIND TO! AND THIS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER WE HELPED A FRIEND WITH HIS SWIMMING POOL COVER TOO! OMG - DUMB BUNNY CATE!

Anyway...

The cane has the rubber feet on it and it does NOT hurt my SOLID custom finished oak plank floors that I have here when I built this house since I wanted the SAME wood floors like I had when I built my house in the early 70's with my late husband back east.

A few of my former handguns were GIFTED and sold back east but MOST of them out here in Montana.

My Glocks, my original ONE - first Glock bought in the LATE 90's - my first gun bought back east, OTHER GUNS FOLLOWED back east, my Smith and Wesson 2 semi automatic pistols (Model 41 and 22A) and the S&W CF and RF d/a revolvers, ALL of the Ruger single action revolvers in RF and in CF calibers bought back east and out here, the ONE and only which I NEVER DID LEARN OR EVER SHOOT black powder single action revolver.

The B/P one was bought BACK EAST right before my late husband's cancer was discovered! It was an Italian made one that I bought at my OLD gun store (NO NICS check since it was BP.) where I bought about 15 or so guns from the late 90's and on BEFORE I moved out west. I GIFTED that B/P s/a revolver to a man who was/is like a nephew to me. I have mentioned this VETERAN before here and elsewhere, he is the son of one of my best friends who went to school with my late husband, and he was ON GROUND ZERO on 9/11 since at that time he had not moved back to the Great Lakes region - farm that he grew up on. He was out of the Army but in the Army NG at the time. He was living on Long Island, NY at the time.

Anyway, I have NOT owned, carried or shot any handguns for SEVERAL years now.

Some were sold and some were gifted.

The ones that I gifted to my MT husband were eventually sold by HIM when he CHANGED all or MOST of his own CF and RF HANDGUNS, CF and RF RIFLES and his LAST SHOTGUN due to HIS AGE, his old accident, etc.

THIS was done BEFORE, during and after he retired. BOTH of us did this but I did MOST of my handguns shy of a couple of them BEFORE HE RETIRED and MADE HIS (And some of mine.) BIG CONSIGNMENTS with a full in store credit.

He gifted some VERY NICE guns to his former family too. LONG, long ago times. WAY OVER 20, 30, 40 and OVER 50 - FIFTY years ago!

He sold a FEW guns to his SUPER CLOSE friends too. OLD friends.

I DO shoot some VERY specific rifles as I have mentioned on other forums, in the PAST, and on HERE, this forum, too.

My BEAUTIFUL but super heavy lever action rifles in walnut/steel in CF and RF are gone. TACK DRIVERS! I LOVED THEM and ENJOYED THEM!

Right now, I shoot my FORMER and LAST 2 firearms that I did own in CZ RIFLES that I gifted to my husband but I can still shoot them and some of HIS CZ rifles too. They are in 22wmr and in 22lr calibers.

CZ 457 LUX in 22wmr and 22lr = these were my LAST and former 2 firearms.

BOLT action rifles.

I shoot his CZ SCOUT - his newer one, he sold the OLDER Scout, and I shoot the older CZ Training one sometimes. Plus the CZ 455 Lux that I gave him sometimes too.

We GIFTED the Savage 22lr Rascal bolt action rifles to our RANGE several years ago. The plain black ones. We want children, teens, handicapped and NEWBIES to learn how to shoot. People in wheelchairs CAN handle those light weight rifles easily and OTHER people with handicaps can LEARN HOW TO USE and shoot guns safely and sanely.

Our range.

Upcoming event in 2024.

**Youth Shooting Sports & Outdoor Expo is Saturday, May 18th from 10am - 3pm.

The range will be closed to normal shooting **

If I missed anything here - I will follow up.

I am doing laundry @ 1 AM in the morning!

Plus dusting off some books since I am in the middle of spring cleaning this week and I have some ENERGY.

Catherine aka Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    It is. SAK has had a bladeless model for years, the Jetsetter mentioned in your #4 post, Kate. YAWN...just another publicity stunt.

I never knew or I did NOT remember (CRS time! LOL) that SAK came out with the Jetsetter knife.

And now SAK will make more versions of this type of NO BLADE knife!

Virtue signals coming from the V. (SAK) company out of Switzerland.

Old Lady Cate

Top Bottom