San Angelo Area

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by yooper_sjd, Sep 7, 2009.

1. yooper_sjd

yooper_sjd New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Christoval
    just wondering if there be anyone in the san angelo area???

Group shoot?
    just plinken?
    Just Thinken?
    Organize a shoot for local Disabled Vets?

I be new here, but on a few other boards, and just putting out feelers.

yoop

2. WestTexasshooter

WestTexasshooter New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sweetwater, TX
    I live in Sweetwater, it is just tough to find time to shoot right now!:hammerhead:

3. Leadpot

Leadpot Active Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    There is a little get together just a few miles out of Winters but I understand thats its sml. bore and maybe air rifles but not real sure if its opened to anybody or you have to be a member. I can see a range as you drive by ..but its off to the north of this big house. Sorry.. Thats All I know . Good luck.

4. esheato

esheato New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    San Angelo, TX
    I'm here...

I'm new to town and would like to meet some shooters.

I'm out on the lake, but am at SAGC or the local shops on the weekends.

Ed

5. Leadpot

Leadpot Active Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Not to many shooters from the concho area here on TGT. Mostly all from the bigger cities. The only gun ranges I'm familiar with is Devil's Mountain out on 277 going North towards Bronte. It might be 7 miles out or so. The other range is in Robert lee. I used to frequent the one in Robert Lee and Devil's Mountain on occasion. When I did shoot a lot we went to Abilene, Sweetwater for IHMSA shoots. Now most everyone I know is retired or doesn't do the circuit anymore so I myself got out also. Now its just plinking in the back yard . Good luck to ya.

6. Hunter_Man

Hunter_Man New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    san angelo
    i'm in san angelo! you should check out the san angelo gun club. membership is like 75$ a year, and they give you a key to the range! go out any time you want, literally! no charge. a lot nicer range than devil's mountain. it'd down arden road about 5-6 miles. head west down arden out of town and you'll see a big sign on your left. you can go by field and streams to get a membership and key. can't beat it for the price! there's a lot of shoots out there. there's what they call IPSEC shoots i believe out there every 4th sunday of the month. LOTS of people out there for those...

7. esheato

esheato New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    San Angelo, TX
    Devils Mountain--I wasn't aware of this one...but I went to check it out. It's in pretty poor shape, but it'll work just fine. They have an area for long range too. Membership is a bit much for what you get, but there aren't many options.

SAGC--Already a member there. Lots of shoots, nice members....just want something longer and more private.

Thanks for the heads up,

Ed

8. tmd11111

tmd11111 Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    San Angelo here also but currently working in Yuma, Az. Warmer winters for sure. I've been to Devils Mountain a few times in the past. It used to be like $5 a day and I think this past September then started a $75 yearly membership. Sure hope some of the money goes towards improving the place. The Arden Rd range is alot nicer.

Tom

9. Hunter_Man

Hunter_Man New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    san angelo
    i just heard from the guy that runs the SAGC that they are planning on revamping the entire place this summer I believe. they're talking about putting in a 500 yd range, and a bunch more stuff. they just got a dozer repaired so they can start excavating. that will be super cool!

10. gcrisp

gcrisp New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Menard, Texas
    Hey guys I am from Menard, about 60 miles from Angelo. I am always up for a shoot, if you ever need any company let me know, I have a pretty flexible schedule and lots of toys. I have never tried the ranges there, usually just plinking in the pasture but I would like to try the ranges.