• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Stolen from a truck in Costco's parking lot: Norinco MAK-90 rifle with added AK-103 style side-folding polymer stock and polymer fore-end. The stock looks like a standard plastic AK stock except for a big dimple in the left side to clear an optics mount (not present on this rifle). The sling mount on the butt end will be on the right side of the rifle with the stock extended, and there is a button that protrudes from the butt plate to unlock the stock from the rifle for unfolding into firing position.

Pistol grip is a Tapco SAW grip, not a standard "skinny" AK grip. Has an AK-74 style muzzle brake that never got clocked. The barrel was threaded to add the brake, but we never got around to adding hardware to clock it, and the front sight base on the post-ban Norinco didn't even have the plunger to clock and lock a muzzle device. Also, it lacks a bayonet lug because of the '94 ban.

Was in a compact black assault rifle case with mag pouches on the side. One pouch should hold a green sling meant for a Yugo underfolder.

Also missing - a bunch of keys with a big fat yellow lanyard (meant to drop your gear bag on an airborne jump) and a backpack with gym clothes and a small FM radio/headphones.

If you see the rifle at the range - and there can't be many like it if any, it's very unique - call SAPD or if you have my phone number feel free to call me (this is not my rifle, however). Or just put one behind the thief's ear if you want. I don't have a serial number, but will see if InnocentBystander wants to post it.

ETA: Rifle is extremely similar to this: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/AK/AK103.LR.jpg Except that it does not have a side mount optics rail, the pistol grip (the SAW grip is much fatter, with deep horizontal grooves) and being a Norinco it has a full globe front sight protector instead of just the half-circle "ears" of a standard AK type.

Like I said; this is a pretty unique rifle if you know what you're looking at.
    Venture Surplus ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll definitely keep an eye open at the gun shows. It would be awesome to find the thieves and see them get their just desserts.

Innocent-Bystander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    norincoak001.jpg

By innocentbystand

Here is the missing rifle

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Will add this to my watch list and share with local shops.

Hope it is recovered soon, and the more eyes and ears that are out there looking and listening the better your chances are.

Have you filed a police report? That is essential to get it into NCIC.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm gonna be killing time this week, strolling some pawn shops. I'll keep an eye open. Sorry this happened....Karma is gonna be a B*^%h to whoever did this...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks for keeping your eyes open, guys.

Will add this to my watch list and share with local shops.

Hope it is recovered soon, and the more eyes and ears that are out there looking and listening the better your chances are.

Have you filed a police report? That is essential to get it into NCIC.

Yes, he reported it. The police were willing to come dust for fingerprints, but there were security issues regarding his family because they stole the rifle and keys to his house so he couldn't stick around for it.

Top Bottom