Guns International

San Antonio Duracoater/Cerakoter wants to TRADE for my service!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I am a hobbyist duracoater/cerakoter (not a business) and have been refinishing firearms for about 5 years. I am fairly adept and have completed over 350 guns not to mention stocks, etc. I would like to trade for my duracoating/cerakoting services. I can do CZs, Hi Powers, Sigs, ARs, AKs, most Shotguns, Berettas, 1911s, Saigas, pretty much anything. I value my services in the range of 120-170 for a pistol, 140-250 for a shotgun/rifle depending on what is getting coated, colors, clearcoats, etc. Just drop me a line with what you are interested in having done and what you want to trade! You can PM me or email me at txrichmond7@yahoo.com. I have done guns for some TGT members as well as several gunboards member and can provide references or you can come by and see some of my work in person. Thanks!

Things I am looking for:
    9mm, 40 S&W and 223 new brass cased ammo as well as reloading components including bullets/powder/primers
    22lr ammo
    20 gauge target and buckshot
    12 gauge buckshot
    mosins
    Glock 17 or 19 3rd gen
    Sig P6, 225 or 226
    CZ82, CZ75, CZ85
    38/357 revolver w/4" barrel

Anything else, shoot me an email!

Some Duracoat work:

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

SU1BRzAzMzUuanBn.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Some Cerakote work:

1355107164.jpg

1355091622.jpg

Glock19.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Nice lookin' finsihes! How do the coatings hold up on polymer? As in the polymer lowers for an AR? About to acquire one and might get some color added. Nothing fancy just something like flat dark earth or maybe a gray of some sort.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I can personally vouch for Jim's work being top notch!

You will not be disapointed!

I have intentionally banged a screwdriver into the cerakote on my New Frontier polymer lower and the cerakote held up very well.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Nice lookin' finsihes! How do the coatings hold up on polymer? As in the polymer lowers for an AR? About to acquire one and might get some color added. Nothing fancy just something like flat dark earth or maybe a gray of some sort.

Works great on polymer. Did the frame on a p95 a while back, no issues to date.

Great looking work, as usual!

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Cerakote is suposed to be the tougher of the two. Im not familiar with the location of Kerr County...

If you're anywhere close to SA, I plan to be at the range on Friday. You are more than welcome to check out Jim's work in person.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I can personally vouch for Jim's work being top notch!

You will not be disapointed!

I have intentionally banged a screwdriver into the cerakote on my New Frontier polymer lower and the cerakote held up very well.

Thanks Orbie, your check is in the mail!

Works great on polymer. Did the frame on a p95 a while back, no issues to date.

Great looking work, as usual!

Like Kyle and Orbie said, seems to hold up well on Polymer. Just purchased a polymer New Frontier lower myself this weekend for a lightweight build that I plan on cerakoting in the near future.

Cerakote is suposed to be the tougher of the two. Im not familiar with the location of Kerr County...

If you're anywhere close to SA, I plan to be at the range on Friday. You are more than welcome to check out Jim's work in person.

You going to be shooting at Bracken Friday?

That Hi Power is a beaut.

Thanks! Sadly, the gun was 100% before I refinished it. The owner has owned it for 25 years or so and it was absolutely like brand new. I tried to talk him out of it having it refinished but he had wanted this color scheme for a while. It did turn out nice but it was tough a gun to strip down being in such great condition.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    O.O A check?! Nice! =P

Yes, I am planning on taking my Dad out to Bracken to shoot in the morning on Fri. He has yet to fire his new G19 and I'm sure he is as excited as I am.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

Kerr County is about 60 miles NW of San Antonio up I-10. Not sure where I'll be this weekend but if I end up in or can get to S.A. I'll be in touch.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Just wanted to give you a free bump I really really like what you did with that Beretta, will be hitting you up after I figure out what to get for my wife.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i might have a revolver for you to do - can you remove the previous finish? (poorly done "chrome" crap is chipping off like a mfer)

thinking black or OD.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom