• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ap1169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    San Antonio
    I had a GREAT time at this show. I stopped going to the SAXET show all together. NO deals and only Todd makes any big bucks. Will definitely put this show on my calendar for the shows coming up.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Randy, his Brother Ray, and myself did stop this afternoon after our Range Day today since Ray wasn't with us on Saturday. I mostly hung out with Scott, Deanna and Duran around their tables. Taught a kid about bakelites there at Duran's table and then helped Scott and Deanna break everything down at the end of the day. Scott's gonna be stockin up on more Arsenals soon, after that we headed over to Bikini's for some drinks and now I am uploading vids from today's range day . . .

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Randy, his Brother Ray, and myself did stop this afternoon after our Range Day today since Ray wasn't with us on Saturday. I mostly hung out with Scott, Deanna and Duran around their tables. Taught a kid about bakelites there at Duran's table and then helped Scott and Deanna break everything down at the end of the day. Scott's gonna be stockin up on more Arsenals soon, after that we headed over to Bikini's for some drinks and now I am uploading vids from today's range day . . .

Who's Duran? I thought the guy selling AK stuff next to Scott was named Israel...

He's the guy I bought my Russian bakelite bayonet from, and I also hooked him up with a Russian Izhevsk scabbard that had a Romanian bayonet in it that someone was selling at the show. He needed it for a bayonet he had with no scabbard, and I figured I'd help him out since he did knock the price down on the Tula bayonet I bought from him (with matching numbers! ).

Cheers! M2

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Well, I've heard nothing but good things about the SA gun show; and have been anxious to go for a while now. Last weekend was my first one and it did not disappoint!

Majormadmax mentioned the wide aisles; yeah, that was definitely nice. After the last Saxet I went to at the SA convention center, I really appreciate my personal space. Saxet was shoulder-to-shoulder and it didn't help that I had a backpack on and my son. For this gun show I had my dad, lady-friend, sister and her boyfriend and we all had plenty of space. It definitely makes the browsing a much more pleasant experience.

As far as prices go- they were the best I've ever seen at a gun show. One fellow sold my sister a brand new third gen Glock 19 for $480. The absolute cheapest place to get those any other time in this town is at Academy for $530. I know where I'm going to get my next Glock. In fact, prices on Glocks were competitive all around, with the exception of a guy who was selling them for around $590. I doubt he sold many.

The sellers were all in high spirits and I overheard a few of them saying they didn't come prepared to sell so much. Folks- this is what it all boils down to: The sellers are very happy they are selling so much product and the customers are very happy the prices are so low. You'd be doing yourself a disservice not to check out this show.

I'll also briefly mention I appreciate having a gun show on my side of town again. When Saxet decided to move to the complete opposite side of town I almost stopped attending gun shows entirely.

Oh, my dad bought a Lee four die turret press and a bunch of other reloading stuff on the condition that I get to use it as long as I do all the dirty work making the cartridges for him. I took it for a spin and I think I've found my latest obsession.

My only complaint was that my favorite jerky vendors weren't there as well as Collins Cartridge Company, who have the best deals on reloaded brass anywhere. They even haggle! Hopefully they'll get on the ball, since they still sell practice ammo for cheaper than I can load it.

All in all, I'd say this is the best place to go gun shopping in this town.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well, I've heard nothing but good things about the SA gun show; and have been anxious to go for a while now. Last weekend was my first one and it did not disappoint!

Majormadmax mentioned the wide aisles; yeah, that was definitely nice. After the last Saxet I went to at the SA convention center, I really appreciate my personal space. Saxet was shoulder-to-shoulder and it didn't help that I had a backpack on and my son. For this gun show I had my dad, lady-friend, sister and her boyfriend and we all had plenty of space. It definitely makes the browsing a much more pleasant experience.

As far as prices go- they were the best I've ever seen at a gun show. One fellow sold my sister a brand new third gen Glock 19 for $480. The absolute cheapest place to get those any other time in this town is at Academy for $530. I know where I'm going to get my next Glock. In fact, prices on Glocks were competitive all around, with the exception of a guy who was selling them for around $590. I doubt he sold many.

The sellers were all in high spirits and I overheard a few of them saying they didn't come prepared to sell so much. Folks- this is what it all boils down to: The sellers are very happy they are selling so much product and the customers are very happy the prices are so low. You'd be doing yourself a disservice not to check out this show.

I'll also briefly mention I appreciate having a gun show on my side of town again. When Saxet decided to move to the complete opposite side of town I almost stopped attending gun shows entirely.

Oh, my dad bought a Lee four die turret press and a bunch of other reloading stuff on the condition that I get to use it as long as I do all the dirty work making the cartridges for him. I took it for a spin and I think I've found my latest obsession.

My only complaint was that my favorite jerky vendors weren't there as well as Collins Cartridge Company, who have the best deals on reloaded brass anywhere. They even haggle! Hopefully they'll get on the ball, since they still sell practice ammo for cheaper than I can load it.

All in all, I'd say this is the best place to go gun shopping in this town.
    Thanks for the review. I missed this one but will do my best to go next time.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Here are pics of the Winchester Mod 50 12ga that I picked up. I finally got a chance to break it down when the kid won't be here, at sleepover, just in case I decide this one is for him.

If anybody needs a good description on the Disassembly of a Winchester Mod 50.
    1312084815484 003.jpg IMG_20110730_230218 011.jpg IMG_20110730_230323 019.jpg 1312085987349 023.jpg IMG_20110730_231952 026.jpg IMG_20110730_232003 027.jpg
    pencil.png

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Looks a bit more complicated than my Mossy!

I have an old Win. Model 12; can you "Slam-fire" with yours as well? Not really practical, but there's probably no better way of putting a lot of lead downrange quickly if necessary. A fun feature to have, for sure!

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    It should/better not slam fire since it is a semi auto. Just finished cleaning the shotgun and reassembling it. The hardest part of the reassembly was getting the inertia pin to fully insert through the right slide, bolt, inertia rod, and into the left slide. The left slide being the hardest until i read the line I skipped in the link I shared earlier, and finally slid the bolt forward a little more allowing the bolt to line everything into place.

The only thing left to do is go to the range when I wake up today and ensure that this thing functions flawlessly and that the timing is set correctly, using the screw in cap for the inertia spring.

That being said, who wants to try and meet at the range around noon???

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have to say the range was a blast. I got there just after 12pm and went to set up. Finally got a chance to get a cease fire. As i am walking down to set up on the short end of the rifle lanes I look over to the firing line as I usually do, kinda paranoid when there are people behind me near the line, and I see a guy messing with a gun case. Me being me, I hollered back for them to step away from the case. I get back and a while later we have another cease fire, when there are still people down line I see a guy handling his rifle, so, me being me again, I go down and consult the guy on proper cease fire procedures of how nothing gets touched or handled during a cease fire and explain to him that all weapon barrels should be pointed down range bolts locked open and especially no handling of ammunition. He was extremely understanding and told me somebody told him to point the muzzle down the firing line during a cease fire.

OK, done with that rant. Down to the review of that little shotgun I purchased. After 50 rounds down the tube, I feel the kid should be able to manage to deal with the recoil of this particular shotgun if he can manage to shoulder it. Whether it was due to the recoil pad or that it is a semi-auto the felt recoil was easily bearable for another 50 rounds. The shotgun performed flawlessly with not a single Failure to Feed, Fail to Fire, Fail to Eject, or anything else, other that a hot barrel after being in the sun and 50 rounds.

Top Bottom