• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not trying to be a jackass, but maybe she shouldn't be a cop if she can't do the job the right way. Not everyone's cut out for every job.

I'm not saying she doesn't do a good job of other LEO things, but I'm not in the NBA because I'm not crazy tall. Maybe 5'2" women shouldn't be cops out on patrol by themselves.

Trust me, she could kick my ass and most likely the ass of 95% of those on this forum.

Don't judge a person's ability by their size. I've seen 6'+, 250 pound guys that were completely worthless in a real fight. She was small but more than capable and mentally sharp which would give her the advantage when it came to a situation like that. She just had to overcome her physical disadvantage by being smart, staying ahead of the game and using proven tactics.

Law enforcement is more of a mental game than physical, the goal is to avoid going hands on if possible...
    Target Sports

Last edited:

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Stop playing word games, the line of reasoning is obvious.

No word games. Sure that's what some might see because they have that predisposition. I see it as the officer would be aggressive in controlling a situation, as she would of been trained to do, not that because she was small she would more be likely to "escalate force". And by the way it wasn't a "line of reasoning" it was an declaration about an officer that they have never even met. It wasn't she may or asking if the poster meant this or that, it was a statement as fact about someone they don't know.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Jesus Christ.

This whole "cop basher" vs "cop lover" crap has gotten so ridiculous that common sense is throw. Out the window and the slightest remark with no ill will is taken as an insult.

No one is allowed to be in the center because some overly defensive person from one side will claim they are taking the stance of the opposition.

If she's 5'2 and can handle herself as described, "whipping 95% of those on the forum", then she would t need to take any actions beyond what any other officer would take. If that's true, then there is no conflict.

If she has to take an aggressive stance from the very beginning in order to assert her dominance and control the situation, there is probably oh a higher likely hood of conflict at some point.

And no, aggressive does no mean physical in this case.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah but she has to escalate to using more force earlier than a normal sized person does due to her size.

Go back and read my post. I said she didn't have to escalate to using force because she used her mind first. It's brains, not brawn, that are a cop's first "weapon"...

And every cop, no matter size, gender, etc. is going to make taking control of any situation a priority. Taking charge is necessary to prevent further violence, conflict, criminal activity, whatever. It makes sense, and it is the same thing the military does.

Lastly, it's not about being a "cop lover," it's about having respect for the job they do. Most critics have and would never put themselves in the position to risk their lives on a daily basis to protect others, but like the rest of society most of them still have a family and kids that they want to go home to after work every day. The difference is the chances of that not happening are much greater than most every other profession...

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You said she needed to take control of the situation early. I read that as she needed to use force earlier. You're right, that was an assumption on my part and not something you wrote.

The fact remains that if something starts to go south she will have to escalate sooner. A large male poses a greater threat to her than it would a large male officer (asusming equal skills). I dont have a lot of sympathy for someone who attacks a LEO - I'm just making a point about disparity of force.

I've been wrong at least once in life. Assuming equal skills could be a bad assumption. I'm not a police hater or lover personally. I've known a lot of good LEOs at both the local and Federal levels - I've also met some (first hand) that are out of line.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom