• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Not that its all that strong or anything like that... but being a socal guy my whole life and a "Storm" is 15 minutes of sprinkling, this lightning/thunder/ and tornado warnings has my attention.

Im surprised i still have the internet.

JOe
    Target Sports

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Looks like I'm getting your storm in about 15 minutes. I can hear the lighting already. I might be reloading in the dark lol.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Meh. It was alright, but imagine that with rain that's about twice as heavy and then have it last for a couple of days solid and you'll understand the kind of storms I grew up seeing back in Michigan.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah i was dissapointed.
    this second wave was pretty good for a while. it kept it up a little longer hah.
    atleast down here in NB.
    hehe greatest aprt is i am at work, (motel) and we are completely sold out.

probably 57 out of 60 rooms where plannign on schlitterbahn tommorow.
    it will be great fro them if it doesnt thunder, and they go. most pople think "oh no it is raining. we cant go to schlitterbahn... we will get wet!" as a 8 year season passser i know those are the best days to do things that have lines.

if we get t-storms they will be sorely dissapointed though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was amazed at how much water there was! I took my alternate route home to avoid the major routes (410/151/1604), instead going out 90 to Grosenbacher and up Talley Road to 471. There are several points along Talley that there were rapid rivers running under the bridges where usually there are only dry creek beds. I usually cut by Government Canyon on Galm Road but it was closed just east of the park (there are two points where the road usually floods, both were severely flooded). I tried going up 1560 but it was barricaded. Still, idiots were going around the barriers but even in the Jeep I turned around. It has more of a capability to go through water, but it's just stupid to try to do so when conditions are that bad. I read where there were 19 high water rescues at low water crossings in Bexar county yesterday, how can people be so stupid?!?

cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Still, idiots were going around the barriers but even in the Jeep I turned around. It has more of a capability to go through water, but it's just stupid to try to do so when conditions are that bad. I read where there were 19 high water rescues at low water crossings in Bexar county yesterday, how can people be so stupid?!?

Same thing happens in the Beaumont area every time we get a heavy rain.

Top Bottom