• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to place this thread or not but I just want to recommend MIT ARMS to all AR aficionados. I went to the Saxet Gun Show in San Antonio this weekend looking for a Spikes Tactical Punisher lower thinking I'll never find one, and there it was on their table. Not only that but their price was lower than everywhere else I've looked, which has them on back order. They were also extremely helpful and patient with me while I explained what I wanted in an AR lower. I just want to recommend them as their customer service is excellent, their prices are right, and I walked away a satisfied customer.

The lower I purchased:

punisherspikeslowertactical.jpg

They also had the color filled Spikes Tactical Spider, and Pirate with crossed swords color filled lowers as well. Their gun show prices were lower than what's published on their web site.

AR-15 guns accessories AK-47 rifles tactical equipment shooting supplies New Braunfels receivers San Antonio Hand Gun Training
    Guns International

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    They were also extremely helpful and patient with me while I explained what I wanted in an AR lower.
    As an aside here, what DO you want in an AR lower? Aside from billet and other crazy stuff like the MEGA ambi lowers, it would seem to me that a lower is a lower is a lower, providing of course that it is in spec. For me, it just comes down to "who has the better looking roll mark?"

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    As an aside here, what DO you want in an AR lower? Aside from billet and other crazy stuff like the MEGA ambi lowers, it would seem to me that a lower is a lower is a lower, providing of course that it is in spec. For me, it just comes down to "who has the better looking roll mark?"

I was considering an upgraded trigger, e.g. a Spikes Battle Trigger, RRA 2 stage trigger, etc. and they helped me with that but I eventually went with a milspec trigger.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    Oh I gotcha, you were looking at built lowers. I was assuming stripped, sorry! I definitely recommend a trigger upgrade down the road. Putting a Geissele in mine made a more noticeable difference in my gun's feel than near anything else I did to it.

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    Oh I gotcha, you were looking at built lowers. I was assuming stripped, sorry! I definitely recommend a trigger upgrade down the road. Putting a Geissele in mine made a more noticeable difference in my gun's feel than near anything else I did to it.

It is a stripped lower. They helped me with information about the trigger I planned to put in it.

Top Bottom