Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Note: I looked and used the search function and found no thread devoted to 30.07 sightings so I thought I'd start one. If I missed a pre-existing thread, I apologize.

I saw my first 30.07 posting today, at St. Lukes hospital, Houston Med Center. Oddly, they didn't have room for the 30.07 posting next to the 30.06 posting so they put it on an auxiliary entrance off to the side from the main sliding doors between the drop-off area and the lobby. That entrance is mainly used by some foot traffic and the valets. I've never liked the fact that half the people who enter the building will go through a door around which there's no 30.06 sign; if they're going to post, I wish they'd post at each entrance. However, this off-to-the-side 30.07 sign is going to be missed by 99% of the people entering. Only licensed carriers will look for it and even they are unlikely to see it.

The whole thing just strikes me as odd.

Is anybody else seeing 30.07 signs go up next to or near 30.06 signs? Typically, where?

IMG_20151020_083309567_zpsmnov0prb.jpg
    Guns International

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    30.07 has to be posted at every entrance, unlike 30.06
    Really? That's interesting. I wonder what the definition of "entrance" is, specifically if it's equivalent to "door". It's clear from the phrasing on their web site that St. Lukes considers "the Bates entrance" to be a single entrance, even though there are at least 4 doors the enter into that lobby and those doors are sufficiently separated that a notice posted at just one will not be seen by most people.

I guess that's why they employ lawyers. :)

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    Our office just put up .06 and .07 signage at every conceivable entrance point.

We're now a better target for violence, is my first thought.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Our office just put up .06 and .07 signage at every conceivable entrance point.

We're now a better target for violence, is my first thought.
    ...and you're right. It effectively bars all law abiding firearm carriers from your office, so when the day comes that some "button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho snaps, and then stalks from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers," there is no one to stop him before it's too late.

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    How in the world can a 30.06 sign be posted on one entrance and be enforceable?

They expect the CHL holder to make a round of the entire buildings perimeter to make sure?

It's even better than that. 30.06 signs are not even required to be at entrances. They only need to be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly viable to the public...whatever you interpret that to mean. No one ever said common sense was involved...this is law we are talking about.

Last edited:

drhuggybear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    When did this change? I thought the 30.06 sign had to be at every entrance and very visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    When did this change? I thought the 30.06 sign had to be at every entrance and very visible.

Nope.

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

drhuggybear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Nope.

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Item (iii) is the kicker. If I have 4 entrances to my building and I only post the signs at 1. That is not CONSPICUOUS or CLEARLY VISIBLE.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom