• ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Maybe not pissed off...but...
    So I am watching a video posted by a youtuber that I like: thbudgetarmory1 (‪thebudgetarmory1's Channel‬‏ - YouTube)

And I see this:
    shooting.jpg

So in case you can't figure out whats going on, the pic shows targets (red arrows) at 50 and 100 yards. The Green arrows are vertical bullet stops that have been installed to basically make it impossible to send a bullet over the berm. (or depending on what they are made of, maybe they don't stop the bullets but at least slow them down enough that they won't travel far.)

Now, those are put there in case you totally screw up. These things are riddled with bullets. Now I don't know how old this range is, or if they have any kind of action shooting competitions, and I don't really care. The sheer volume of bullet holes SCARES the crap out of me. I can (kind of) see a few holes, but hundreds? Seriously WTF?

It makes me wonder (not addressing the validity of these) why this doesn't happen more:
    Stray Bullet From Shooting Range Hits Home
    Stray bullet from Ghatkopar firing range hits car
    Stray bullet from Oceana County shooting range hits Hesperia man driving home from work | MLive.com
    Firing Range Bullet Hits Home a Mile Away

Makes me wonder why more ranges don't make use of something like this.
    Venture Surplus ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Ahh seen alot of that at ranges, the one in conroe has SEVERAL hole sin the overhead coverings

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    How old is the range? It's not uncommon fer a older range (10yrs +) to have bullet holes . Inexcusable yes I agree , indoor
    ranges are just as bad.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Have you ever watched people on the range? OK, some ranges are run pretty well and seem to attract a decent crowd, but there are some where you wonder which side of the backstop is safer. And, yeah, one of the ranges in Conroe had a couple of holes in the benches (at least the table part). People like that make life difficult for everyone, but especially for those of us who try to be responsible gun owners.

Reminds me of what an old boss used to say: "This would be a great business if it wasn't for those damned customers!"

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Ever been to ASC? They have those on the 50 yd + range lines, and they are full of holes. So many, one over another, overlapping. It's insane lol.

ASC even has many holes in the roof where people have ND'd into the air. Glad I don't live near there.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yep at pretty much any covered range if you look straight up you will be able to find a few aftermarket skylights

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GURUNANDA9
    Top Bottom