TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Stand Easy, Skippy!

Let's take this point by point:

You said:

"Premier Guns Shows is the name of the promoter, and since some of us have actually attended several of these shows here in San Antonio I think we are a little better suited to compare them to the SAXET shows. There have been several threads on the previous shows, and most of the responses have been positive; so I don't know why you're trying to badmouth the show but honestly, until you've actually gone to one of their shows here, than maybe you should withhold judgment!"

You posted this on THR:

"I thought I'd post a 'head's up' for my favorite event here in the Alamo City, the San Antonio Gun Show that will be held at the San Antonio Expo Center (behind Freeman Coliseum and next to the AT&T Center) on 10-11 Dec 2011."

Cheers! M2

"WE?" Got a mouse in your pocket?

I never bad-mouthed the show at the Expo-Center, but certainly informed other interested parties that prices are higher than at SAXET, and parking and admission are higher too. I have attended every "Fort Worth" a.k.a. "San Antonio" gun show since their inaugural at the Expo Center. I have also visited the SAXET since it was held at the old Broadway/Airport location, the Freeman Coliseum, and elsewhere for as long as I can remember. I HAVE ACTUALLY GONE! Do you remember the gun shows held in the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in the 90's before our City Council bought into the Clinton-era Hoplophobia?

You said:

"From someone who has actually gone to both shows on numerous occasions, I can tell you that the San Antonio Gun Show held at the Expo Center is clearly the better of the two. It is at least 2-3x larger, the set-up is more conducive to buyers, and they've put great effort into improving the show. Hell, it is clear even the SAXET folks go, because it was after they saw the positive response to their having an ATM at the show, suddenly they started having one at their shows."

I'll agree the Expo Center is a better venue, but how do you KNOW it is 2-3x larger? The lighting sucks, tho, and I'm not sure it is any more "conducive" to buy when I find higher prices. It was ALWAYS possible to convert a check or credit-card into cash at any SAXET show in years past, so what about the ATM? I never had a vendor refuse my personal check at the SAXET, and I never had to pay an ATM or Credit Card fee.

You said:

"I find it ironic that you defend an overpriced surplus store near Ft Sam, which blatantly rips off customers with worn out, used military gear but are so quick to blast a gun show that you've not even attended yet! You also made comments about the new tactical store on IH-10, but again you have yet to set foot in the place. We all welcome everyone's opinions of shops and shows, but please only do so after you've actually been to the place in question!"

Not only do I defend this small business, but admire how well they sell quality surplus at the SAXET and other gun shows, including the one at the Expo Center! The fellow knows his customers, and always knocks off a few dollars for his regular customers at gun shows and in his shop. I never made any untoward comments about the new tactical store on I-10, other than to inquire if they were a genuine "surplus" store and if they had your cheap Romanian Bayonets. Hence, whether or not I ever stepped foot in that place is irrelevant.

You said:

"Plus, this is the wrong thread to be posting comments about the show next weekend...this is for the SAXET show this weekend!"

It was you who intoned the "Premier Gun Show" in this thread.

It is not often that I take time in my busy schedule to comment at length, but you obviously object vigorously to most of my posts.

I enjoy the push-back, because if there was none, I'd not be doing my job.

So, as usual, we will once again agree to disagree.

Der Schrank. Die Schränke.

Be well.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom