• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just a head's up, next weekend (23-24 Jan) there will be a SAXET gun show at the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alzafar Shrine Temple (901 N Loop 1604 W, 78232). [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Show hours are Sat. 9am - 6pm and Sun. 9am - 5pm, parking is free.

There will be two more SAXET shows at this location in 2010, the dates are
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24-25 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jul [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and
    25-26
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sep. Mark you calendars!

Cheers! M2
    [/FONT]
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That's the monthly show at the SA Event Center (Marbach and 410). The show at the Alzafar Temple has been going on for several years, but it only occurs a few times a year...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was a pretty good show this morning, crowded but not too crowded. I picked up a 1915 Sestroryetsk Mosin-Nagant M91 but I think I am going to ease up for a while as I've been on a buying spree for too long.

Best of all, none of the BS that went on at the Austin show last weekend. Folks were walking around with private guns for sale, and I saw a few transactions appearing to go on in the parking lot. So it was business as usual in our great city!

Cheers! M2

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    +1 on the SA show, I was there today from Austin, same opinion as majormadmax. I had other business in SA so caught the show, will also hit the show 6 Feb at the new SA location.

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    I was there when they opened the doors. I was disappointed that so many vendors still had their tables covered or were still setting up an hour after opening.

I was looking for reloading supplies but the usual vendors were not here this time. So much for a January gun show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was there when they opened the doors. I was disappointed that so many vendors still had their tables covered or were still setting up an hour after opening.

Actually, they had the doors opened a little early so I wasn't so bothered by the covered tables; but once it had been opened for a half hour and there were still a few covered I was irritated.

However, it seems like everything was up and running shortly after that, and there was a ton of vendors there, so I felt it was well worth the price of admission!

Cheers! M2

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I plan on going around noon as well.

My name is Joe and i'll be there with my fiance.... i got a buzzed head now.

ncnuy0.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was a good show, and it usually is; but I still think the SAXET shows at the SA Event Center is a little better if not only because it is bigger. Speaking of which, the next one is 6-7 February...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - but there's a different "flavor" to the one at the Shrine - dunno just what it is, but it seems like there's a different type of attendee and some different vendors - but maybe it's just an illusion.

Top Bottom