• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wryknow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Austin
    I've got a saiga 12 custom that I am looking to sell or trade and I was wondering if the Saxet gun show this weekend is worth a shot? Any suggestions for reasonable dealers there or would I be better off walking around with a sign?

Thanks in advance.
    Military Camp

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Walk around with a sign.

The dealers will have to buy it at a price where they can mark it up to reasonable retail to make some profit.

An individual that is interested in it will be happy to pay a price between what a dealer will pay you, and what a dealer will sell it to them for. That way you both get a good deal.

I have had very little success selling to dealers, but pretty good luck selling to individuals.

You never know what luck you will have if you don't try.

Wryknow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Austin
    Thanks fro the fast response! I feel kind of silly walking around with a sign but I'll put up with it for a decent return. Is it any different trying to trade or should I just sell it and take the cash and buy something ?

ElmoHowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    ATX
    If you see someone with something you would like to own there's no harm in asking if they'd be interested in trading. :deadhorse: Just don't sell it to anyone that is not legally capable of possessing a firearm...

Wryknow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Austin
    That's kind of a concern for me as well. I can ask them but how do I know for sure? It's not like I can do a background check unless there';s some resource out there that I don't know of for individual sellers. I have to admit that I have some reservations about selling someone I don't know very well a saiga 12 conversion with a 20 round drum! If they did something terrible with it it would haunt me. Maybe I'll just sell to a CHL holder or something???

PocketGroove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    DFW
    I bought a well used XD from a random dude at a gun show. I recently traded it in and I was pretty worried it was gonna come up as stolen or hot or used in some crime. haha

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    You are only obligated to ask if they are a felon, and if they are a TX resident. I ask to see there DL, if it looks good they hand me cash, and I hand over the firearm... I'll be there Sat with an AR15 that will have a stick coming out of the barrel with bright yellow paper, and For Sale written in bold letters.. I don't feel weird at all when cash is in hand..LOL

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    It never hurts to share the price in more than one location....LOL... This one sold... I have one more that's identical that I may sell as well..

Top Bottom