• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK guys, I won't be able to make our usual Saturday morning attack on the monthly SAXET gun show here in SA as I'll be just getting back from an overseas trip that afternoon; but if I'm not too badly jet-lagged there is a chance that we'll be going on Sunday morning (4 Sep).

If anyone is interested in the usual meet-up (breakfast at IHOP at 8am, then over to the show when it opens at 9am), post up.

But we will most definitely be going to the Original San Antonio Gun Show at the Exposition Hall at Freeman Coliseum (3201 East Houston St) on 17 September. We just have to find a better place to have breakfast (y'know, the kind of joint that will let Skip in! ).

Cheers! M2
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just to note I did say we may be going Sunday morning. I have over 16 hours in the air and three-and-a-half on the ground (waiting for my connection) on Saturday, so God only knows what kind of shape I'll be in come Sunday!

Cheers! M2

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Might come on out depending on work, I will stay tuned. Got some knives that need sharpening.

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    Ok you carry to prevent theivary.... Anyone just 'dont ask don't tell' the situation?

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Anyone just 'dont ask don't tell' the situation?

I hope you aren't seriously considering that, or even advising it! Doing so and getting caught means more trouble than it's worth, and you kiss your CHL goodbye as a start!

There is a very valid reason for 30.06 at gun shows, with that many people handling weapons it is the safest route to ensure everyone's protected. Even with it, there have been several NDs at gun shows by idiots who think along the same lines.

And don't give me the "I know how to safely handle a firearm" bullshit. I've heard that for so many "experts" only to find they were full of something (and it wasn't expertise!).

If you can't obey the carry laws of this state, then maybe you should reconsider carrying at all...

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    No 30.06 posted as are all shows that I know of. I leave the mags in the car and have the LEO at the door ziptie it.

I misread the above quote... Punctuation being important or at least a longer reply(without jumping down my throat preferably) I see now he means that "no ccw is not ok, there are 30.06 signs posted. There are signs posted at all gun shows, I take my unloaded weapon with me to make sure it is not stolen and have it safety checked and secured by the safety/security officer at the front door... My comment would not have been made if the previous statements were clearer, not your fault I'm just to ignorant of circumstances to understand... Old to guns, new to ccw and gun shows...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    brocknchrist

I am very happy to hear it was just a misunderstanding and that you did not intend to ignore the 30.06 sign. Unfortunately, there are some out there that actually would believe that to be a option! :ohnoes:

Honestly, having been muzzle swept a million times at gun shows, I find some comfort in knowing that 30.06 is being enforcement. Plus, when I see someone take out a firearm, it is nice knowing that it's been double-checked to ensure it's unloaded.

Additionally, my 14-yr-old son usually accompanies me to the shows, which only reinforces my stance on this matter even more. While a few complain about it, I think it is a good idea for all involved for the aforementioned reasons.

On a more cordial note, are you going to be able to join us for breakfast at IHOP? I still hope to make it, but I have a bad case of the Korean crude and the 15 hour plane ride home will probably only make it worse (the dehumidified air always does). Still, unless I am truly incapacitated by my trip; we do plan to be there!

Cheers! M2

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    I am planning on going Saturday morning so i don't think I will get to officially meet any of you fellows...

I understand being muzzle swept and not liking it... I understand not wanting your kids around 'morons' with guns... I am the same way... I have just had my head ripped off and jammed down my throat about 4 times my first week on this forum... It's just one of those things I guess new guys have to go through... Any.commentade.as a joke it taken as if i don't know or.don't care about gun safety... Why the.hell would I waste my time on a gun forum trying to learn from the people that have doing what i am just starting to do for years... If i.wasn't serious about it...

Top Bottom