• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noelnkeith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Blanco, TX
    What's the Ruger LCR's going for there at the show, need to pick me and my Dad up one, maybe this weekend will be a good one to get a deal on 2.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I will be at Appetito's at somewhere around 0800 for breakfast, should have a couple friends with me, Larue Tactical cap if I remember.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    C'mon, M2 - meet us over for Taco's!!

We'll get there about 9 am - maybe someone can set up a table for us under "TGT"? What d'ya'll think? Ah'll be the 6' blonde w/the 5' blonde wife. Friend an' his wife an' son will be along with us....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry guys, I've got a teenage son who doesn't like breakfast tacos; and you know how kids his age can grind on your nerves if they're unhappy.

We'll be at the usual location (IHOP) if anyone's interested...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry guys, I've got a teenage son who doesn't like breakfast tacos; and you know how kids his age can grind on your nerves if they're unhappy.

We'll be at the usual location (IHOP) if anyone's interested...

WUSS!!!!!!!!!

Duck!.jpg

(just kiddin', if ah gotta say it....)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    WUSS!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 6282

(just kiddin', if ah gotta say it....)

Hell, the kid is almost as tall as I am, and he's 13! Plus, he's a pretty good shooter!

Seriously, I am just happy that he is still interested in getting up early on a Saturday morning and going with me. He's getting to that age where normally his friends are more important than hanging out with ol' Dad, or sleeping on on the weekend; so I am grateful that he still wants to go and if that means taking him to IHOP, then so be it. It won't be long before he's grown up and out on his own...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I hear ya, bud! I was lucky w/mine - they pretty much thought the old man was cool....and apparently still do - but yeah, girls and buds get their attention soon enough!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So, who ended up going?

We went, and had breakfast at IHOP (I am not sure if Apetito's was even open, it didn't look like it when we left). We had a few friends show up so at least we had some company. The show was a bit calmer than usual, there were less vendors and customers than usual. We didn't find anything bit that was worth buying, one of my favorite vendors had a PSL that I liked but I am too 'gun poor' at the moment. I did pick up a leather AK sling from Mel and another Romanian AK bayonet from one of my other favorite vendors. Other than that, we strolled around half-asleep for about two hours and then left.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There were a bunch of knife dealers at the show.

Also, I forgot to add the two dumbass encounters we had. The first was someone trying to tell us that the Romanian Draco AK-47 was 922r complaint (they are not, because they are classified as pistols by the ATF).

The second was a AK-47 bayonet labeled as "Russian" but was clearly marked on the blade as being "Made in Germany!"

Cheers! M2

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I was there, and yes, Appetito's was closed, ended up eating breakfast at IHop. The show had less dealers and less buyers, maybe due to the holiday. I did get a couple PMags and a lower parts kit from my favorite folks, GDS.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You weren't with the group of gentlemen who had time paying, were you? We were right behind you, I was the guy with the scrubby beard and the tall, skinny redheaded kid with him. We were with the couple with the Harley jackets and the guy in the knit cap...

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Yuppers, that was us, darn, I was the guy in the Larue Tactical cap that caused all the issues with the apparently relatively new cashier. But to be fair to her, we were splitting everything up. Y'all were more incognito regarding firearm affiliation than we were! Well, next time!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was the guy that asked you if you were paying for everyone!

I remembered you said you'd be wearing that hat, but I didn't know at the time that Apetito's was closed so I wasn't expecting you over at IHOP.

Your buddy with the retired USAF hat on also caught my attention as he had the "old" CMSgt stripes on it. I remembered when they changed to the "new" stripes around 1994, I just came back from a six-month deployment as the sole USAF guy on a US military liaison team and it took me some time to adjust.

As for IHOP, we always split the check so they should be used to it. I honestly think they had their "B" team on because several of the folks working seemed to be having a tough time of things. I also think the girl at the register was new, which is why she needed to get the manager (or whoever he was) to jump in fix things!

Anyhow, it was nice to see a fellow TGT member at the show!

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    We made it...walked in when the doors opened. Spotted a 2" Colt Lawman Mk III w/holster - $425 out the door. Rough life....<G> Buddy of ours with us had been looking high and low for a 2" 686 like mine, and I told him that ONE of us was gonna be leaving with the Colt at that price!

Top Bottom