• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    There was a negligent discharge last year when a VENDOR handed a loaded gun to a customer, and that customer negligently discharged the weapon.

Not one report at all of a CHL having a ND in the history of local gun shows.

Why do we in the "gun community" roll-over at 30.06 sign at a gun show? Is there some "magic" line that the bad guys will not cross?

Many of us complain about other businesses posting "No Gun" signs, or even the prescribed 30.06 signage, but we never give a second thought to being disarmed at a gun show.

Just asking.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nothing personal to anyone, but I'm always tickled about folks that don't see what they're looking for. Try collecting some of the guns I look for....Randalls. I've found TWO in all my years at SA gun shows - and we're talkin' like over a 25-year span. That and a Savage 99 in .303 Savage - took me almost 20 years to find THAT one. Yeah, it can get frustratin' - but to me, there's a lot of fun to be had in the hunt itself.
    Lately, I've had a hankerin' for a 629 snubbie, and been trying to find a Beretta 96 Inox Compact.....

I know. I find decent to good deals pretty often. You just have to look hard for them, and it takes patience.

Half the fun is going with other gun people, and getting to know other gun people. Sometimes I go to gun shows with barely enough money to get through the door.

I almost always make sure to have enough money for the nut lady, though. I didn't manage to get any this time and I think I'm going through withdrawals!

There was a negligent discharge last year when a VENDOR handed a loaded gun to a customer, and that customer negligently discharged the weapon.

Not one report at all of a CHL having a ND in the history of local gun shows.

Why do we in the "gun community" roll-over at 30.06 sign at a gun show? Is there some "magic" line that the bad guys will not cross?

Many of us complain about other businesses posting "No Gun" signs, or even the prescribed 30.06 signage, but we never give a second thought to being disarmed at a gun show.

Just asking.

If you don't like it, organize a boycott, write some letters, don't go. Whatever floats your boat. I honestly don't care because they've got at least one cop with a gun at the front and I figure by the time the bad guy gets past the cop, I'll be able to borrow a gun and some ammo real quick.

But seriously, your sample size appears to be one. And you're limiting this to local shows. Look at it nation-wide.

But does it really matter if it's happened yet or not? The plain fact is that it's a bad idea to have loaded guns around unloaded guns that are being handled by the masses.

You'd really hate the Houston Gun Collector Association show. No loaded magazines. All ammo must be sealed. The horror... the horror.:deadhorse:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We've had the "gun show 30.06" debate before, so there's no need to rehash it here; but M. Sage is correct in that if anyone doesn't like it (personally, I do), then there are avenues in which to approach it. You're not going to change things complaining on this forum, but you're also going to need to be prepared to fail in your quest to have these signs removed as I have yet to go to a gun show in Texas that didn't display them...

Top Bottom