• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Any gun show, no matter how piddly, is still better time and money spent than going to the Metroplex to watch a Hollywood movie, whose producers and actors want us disarmed.

Except that SAXET posts 30.06, so instead of simply wanting you disarmed, they require you to be disarmed to attend their gun show.
    Venture Surplus ad

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Agree with Flewda. I had just about resigned myself to skipping this one but the line actually did move relatively quickly. And once inside, it was crowded but certainly not as bad as I would have thought given the line. I looked at a couple of ammo tables and then didn't bother. Glock mags were going for $50. One guy had a sign basically saying he had no choice because that's what the market is. I guess if he sold them for the normal $24 or whatever they used to be, he'd get bought out immediately by somebody who'd just resell them at $50. I feel bad for the good vendors - they're in a rough spot right now. Overheard more than one telling people that they were on a one to two year backorder for certain items.

With a few exceptions, there was much more inventory than I thought I'd see. Lots of AR's and AK's, just horrendously expensive. Lots of people walking around inside and out trying to sell them and AR magazines. I didn't really see too much buying, so maybe that's a good sign.

9MM Glocks were all but nonexistent. You could find some of the more esoteric calibers, but Glock prices were around $100-$150 higher than what I remember even a month ago. Most other stuff was noticeably higher but not to the same degree.

Except for the two KelTec PMR30's I saw, priced around $1100. Sad.

AJC was closed down around 4:00. I went back to check on a Kahr I'd seen earlier and they had the tables covered. This has happened to them before.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Yeah it was about a 30 minute wait to get inside. Inside was a bit chaotic, but not TOO bad (not nearly as bad as the line outside was making me think). Kinda wonder if they were intentionally slowing people down from entering to keep it somewhat spaced? Anyway, ammo prices were a joke, as were magazines. I found it funny that there was an abundant amount of .223 and 7.62x39, both in ammo and magazines. Their prices were so high that no one was buying em. It made it pretty easy for me to know that if anyone actually had mags or ammo left, they were charging more than I was willing to pay for them so I didn't bother.

Did get my PK380, though, for $350 so I can't complain about that. One table had it for $460. Picked up some primers and powder, too. Though it was packed and overall stupid high pricing, I accomplished my task.
    Congrats on the Walther!

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Thankya! Can't wait to try it out. My wife is really excited we finally got it. And was really happy she could rack the slide with little trouble. That's not been an easy task for her with other pistols.

BTW did anyone there see a guy walking around with an ipad that had a picture of a .50 BMG for sale + 1,600 rounds? My wife asked him how much he was selling it for and he just replied "25" - She asked me later if he meant hundred or thousand. My response was he's crazy either way. No offense if one of you on this forum was that guy ;)

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Yes, I saw that guy. Didn't pay much attention to him.

I saw a Kahr TP45 at one of the tables, I think it was listed at $499. I went back later and tried to find it again but couldn't. Anybody remember seeing it, and if so where?

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    We were there around 1130 and the guy with the iPad BMG was asking 28 at that point.

That is nuts. From what I could gather that was his only purpose for being there. Saw him several times and he didn't seem to be stopping by any of the tables, just wandering around holding the ipad. I was telling my wife that you can get away with jacking prices up with your ARs and AKs. The naive or people late to the party but are willing to pay the extra to get their 223, but when you're dealing with that kind of cash, I doubt it'll work. Anyone with that kind of money is not likely going to buy from a dude walking around the gun show. I dunno, maybe they would, but I know I wouldn't. Not gonna go meet some random guy claiming to have a 50 BMG with $25k in my wallet.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    It seems handguns aren't marked up too much more than they were before. 9mm ammo was, from what I saw, $31-60. One table had 115gr(IIRC) gold dots for $35/25rds. Most of what I was was what I would call no name brand.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I should sling my bushmaster OCR with 6 mags and go see what they want to pay me today.....

SPACETRUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    just north of goofy town Texas
    We waited in line for the comedy as well, 1/2 mile line never saw the 30.06 sign guess I wont be going back.
    prices in my opinion were stupid crazy no offense to any one buying, we did not spend a dime, a couple we went with spent lots for a 7.62 rotary drum mag and some 7.62 ammo. I believe the crowd was mostly due to people "showing 2nd ammendment support". Once inside some of the lines to just look at the tables were near impossible to get through due to the masses. I commented to the wife that I should have taken the LMT to see what offers could be conjured up, interesting to say the least.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    We waited in line for the comedy as well, 1/2 mile line never saw the 30.06 sign guess I wont be going back.
    prices in my opinion were stupid crazy no offense to any one buying, we did not spend a dime, a couple we went with spent lots for a 7.62 rotary drum mag and some 7.62 ammo. I believe the crowd was mostly due to people "showing 2nd ammendment support". Once inside some of the lines to just look at the tables were near impossible to get through due to the masses. I commented to the wife that I should have taken the LMT to see what offers could be conjured up, interesting to say the least.
    I saw the 30.06 sign but common knowledge of Gun Shows no personal handguns allowed w/o zip stripped by a LEO at the entrance. What's LMT?

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    The building has an occupancy limit per fire codes. At some point it becomes one in/one out. Perhaps it came into play this weekend.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Not only zip-tied, but no ammo/loaded magazines allowed with the pistol.
    thumbsup123mp2.gif

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    From my recollection, it wasn't any worse inside than it was a few months ago. The wait was much worse though. And let's not get started on AR/AK prices.

Top Bottom