• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newshooterdude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2014
    coltxse.jpg
    This Colt XSE followed me home from the gun show yesterday.
    ARJ Defense ad

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    That's why I usually buy mags online. I have found a few gunshow vendors that want more than msrp for a USED mag. On a rare occasion I do find some cheap but usually they are a lot higher.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I went. Most prices seemed higher than usual. The only thing that must've been cheap was the crack someone was selling. Thats the only way to explain most of the pricing. I did, however, see a good deal on an LC9s I might go back for today.

I heard someone say a vendor had a sweet deal on a ruger 1911 last month, but i went looking for it yesterday morning and it wasn't on the table. dam. oh well, keep money in my pocket.

That's why I usually buy mags online. I have found a few gunshow vendors that want more than msrp for a USED mag. On a rare occasion I do find some cheap but usually they are a lot higher.

you didn't see the dashing young man with cheap pmags then :)

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    I seem to recall seeing Pmags in the bargain basement section of Cabelas recently. There are good deals to be had there, especially if you take an item you find to the counter and ask what the best they can do on it is. Ended up getting an 18rnd MecGar mag for my 92fs for $16 and a pair of muck boots for $41 that way.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I suspect that since last month's show was pretty crowded (from what I heard, I wasn't there), vendors might have speculated there was another "rush" going on (possibly due to the effort to ban M885 ammo) so they took the opportunity to increase their profit margin a bit...

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    I may not get a chance to make it today, but if someone does I would appreciate it if they could get the name of the dealer that was selling "used" guns because they were returned to a distributor from a store that went out of business. He was at the front right (closest to the I-10 and Marbach intersection) part of the room if standing at the entrance looking in. Anyone know the name of that guy and if he's local?

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I may be in San Antonio for the 11th and 12th to visit family, some of which I haven't seen in YEARS! I don't even know what they look like....literally. Not sure i'll have time, but if I do, i might stop by for a quick run through to see if anything catches my eye.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I may be in San Antonio for the 11th and 12th to visit family, some of which I haven't seen in YEARS! I don't even know what they look like....literally. Not sure i'll have time, but if I do, i might stop by for a quick run through to see if anything catches my eye.

If my schedule is good, maybe I'll met ya there.

Texas48

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    San Antonio
    One vendor was selling M855 fr a 1.00 a round. Wanted 1200.00 for 1200.00. I laughed and walked on. Did pick up a NIB Gen 4 G20 for 555.00+8.25%

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Thanks for the reminder! Looks like some of my family (the ones I actually know) won't be getting into SA until the afternoon, that means I can get there somewhat early and have a couple hours to walk the show!

Top Bottom