• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Recently glockster posted a thread about the self-sealing type targets. I decided to document the life of one and see just how many mixed rounds I can put through this thing before I blow it to pieces. This particular one is a champion, dura-seal squirrel spinner.
    For my first outing I brought my 10/22 and placed it right at 25 yds.. I focused on the head/neck area and peppered it with federal bulk ammo and winchester dynapoint bullets. On the left is the before picture, on the right, post 100+ 22lr rds. and about 10 7.62x39 rds. Overall, this thing ate lead like Al Pacino at the end of scarface and has lived to talk about it. I am impressed with its durability and inherent entertainment value. It spun 4 or 5 complete revolutions with every 22 hit, however, the larger rounds hardly moved it. I will continue to document it's demise with more pictures to come. If you would like to see it shot at with a particular caliber, let me know ! Maybe I can make it happen and post the results ! No 50 cals, buckshot or slugs people ! A small picture after the first go round.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• squirrel B&A.jpg
      squirrel B&A.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 136

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    It is supposedly "self sealing" with no specific caliber designation. The only real danger in destroying it is hitting the frame or counterweight. I will put some 9mm rounds through it next time out and post results.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    No sir, I did NOT say no 50s.
    I'll bring the targets (I got a 2nd one) and you provide the 50 & ammo, deal?

ETA
    Dammit.....stole my thunder when you said no requests for 50cal......Booooooooooooooooo lol
    Damnit ... I can't read vurry gewd

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I had a red gong self sealer and put it at 100 yards. I must have shot 70 rounds of 45-70 at it and barely even phased the thing. Some of these self sealers are worth the money. To bad my red gong's frame is shot to hell, my buddy wanted to try and the first round he shot blasted the frame off.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    As requested, some rounds from a nine put through it, approximately 25 on target. I also shot it about a ten times with a 38 and you can hardly tell. The 9mm plated ball rounds hardly left a mark but the golden saber hollow points were a different story. The new holes in it are obvious from pic 1 to 2, especially the gs bullets. They seem to have the most destructive force on these target so far. This is a new frontal photo. I'll post the back of it later.

Attachments

• spinner 1.jpg
      spinner 1.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 91

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Alright, here's the latest update...'Bout two weeks ago I got a chance to get out with my 45 lever-gun and some new reloads made with all types of bullets. Approximately 50 rds later, maybe 35 on target, here are the results. I also put 20 or so 22 rds on it as well. As usual, the hollow points(45 Lc 200 gr plated) did some good damage. Hornadys 255 gr swaged bullets also seemed to leave a mark. Now that I can finally see some damage to it, I am more excited than ever to blow its head completely off.More pictures to come soon. I guess its lifespan all depends on bullet type, which is fair enough. It only confirms that hps typically perform as intended.

Attachments

• squirrely.jpg
      squirrely.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 82

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Another 50 or so 22 rds put on it and about 12 - 7.62x39. So far an impressive performance for a molded piece of plastic. Here's the start of a timeline photo.

Attachments

• rd1n2.jpg
      rd1n2.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 75

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Good thing that isn't a real groundhog, for that would mark the end of humanity when they develop the ability to resist bullets. We would die out in the war.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Since you can't seem to kill one little 'ole squirrel, get Chunky over there with the 50.
    Don't worry,I think one more go round with the 45 levergun and its head is coming off ! Cool thing is, if you wanted to, you could get a good amount of trigger time out of it with a 22. Probably a good choice for the kiddos to blast away with a 22.

Top Bottom