• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I'd like to say "Thank You!" to the member of TGT that sent me these targets. I will have to go to Clark County Shooting Park here in Vegas this weekend to put some rounds through a few of them.My Mossberg 4 x 4 in 7mm-08 isn't here yet, so I'll practice with my Hubby's .308. Now that I know my Brother will take care of my animals for the week I'll be in Texas in May, I can get excited about the hunting trip. It's gonna be fun, I've never been hunting before.
    481159_585364818142634_1768568314_n.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I gave up on getting that Mossberg 4 x 4 in 7mm-08, the store where I placed the order at has asked ALL of their distributors to locate one & that was 2 weeks ago. No one had one.So,I went & got the deposit returned and got a Remington 700 in 7mm-08 at Sportsmans Warehouse. It is black synthetic with a stainless steel barrel. It came with a scope, (fellow behind the counter helping me said the scope it comes with isn't worth a quarter) So I will be putting a Buckmasters scope on it instead. I'll post pics of it later, the iPad doesn't work for posting pics

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    View attachment 19496
    And here's my new Wild Hog Hunting Rifle. A Remington model 700 Bolt Action Centerfire,chambered in 7mm-08. It has a Black Synthetic stock with a stainless steel barrel. I have to wait until Wednesday to get my Buckmasters scope mounted and zeroed.(Sportsmans Warehouse will do it for free since I purchased both the rifle and scope from them) The guy at Sportsmans Warehouse who sold me the rifle said the scope isn't worth a quarter. That makes me ask this question: "Why are crappy scopes attached to good rifles if the purchaser is just going to buy a better scope?" :rolleyes:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    And here's my new Wild Hog Hunting Rifle. A Remington model 700 Bolt Action Centerfire,chambered in 7mm-08. It has a Black Synthetic stock with a stainless steel barrel. I have to wait until Wednesday to get my Buckmasters scope mounted and zeroed.(Sportsmans Warehouse will do it for free since I purchased both the rifle and scope from them) The guy at Sportsmans Warehouse who sold me the rifle said the scope isn't worth a quarter. That makes me ask this question: "Why are crappy scopes attached to good rifles if the purchaser is just going to buy a better scope?" :rolleyes:

Glad to see you went with the Remington over the Mossberg, excellent decision!

As for the crappy scopes...there are enough uneducated buyers out there that it actually helps sell more rifles.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    As for the crappy scopes...there are enough uneducated buyers out there that it actually helps sell more rifles.

I think I see what you mean...an uneducated buyer may just see a rifle WITH a scope and would think "Wow! I get BOTH?". I guess the saying "There's a sucker born every minute" is true :( Fortunately for me, my Husband has taught me to look out for stuff like that. I guess I'll just put the scope away after the Buckmasters Scope is installed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom