• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Anyone know anything yet? Wife read some of it to me and sounds interesting. Texas residents can buy firearms and ammo in ANY state starting September 1st!! Sounds like a winner to me!Some of the seat belt regs suck though.
    Gun Zone Deals

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Anyone know anything yet? Wife read some of it to me and sounds interesting. Texas residents can buy firearms and ammo in ANY state starting September 1st!! Sounds like a winner to me!Some of the seat belt regs suck though.

Wow.........that would be great! Just missed a deal at a pawn shop in Arkansas a couple of weeks ago because I was not a resident.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX

Just did a Google search on SB 1188 and got a bill about medicare.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    SB 1188 authorizes a Texas resident to buy firearms, ammunition or firearms accessories in any other state, not just those contiguous to Texas, to reflect updated federal statutes.

New State Laws Set to Go into Effect Sept. 1 - KRGV NEWSCHANNEL 5 - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories, Breaking the Mold - RGV News

Damn Google search anyway! Thanks MWM for the link.........hope this is final word. It will be awesome to be able to buy firearms in another state. I guess if you have a CHL you can just pay, fill out the form and walk out?

yooper_sjd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Christoval
    well, guess we will find out about buying online, been new to texas I was not aware of such restrictions, but I ordered some surplus ammo, will see if it gets here this week.

Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    Buying firearms on line....

No problem. Have a friend who buys from Buds somewhat regularly. Ships to a Texas FFL of his choosing, THEN the paperwork is handled in Texas. In that case, it was a Texas purchase as far as law was concerned.

Buying in person was a different situation...
    BG check and transfer took place in a different state.

That's the distinction.

New law...NOW can effect transfer in person in other states.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    The old law was as a Texan we could only purchase in contiguous States now the State lets us purchase in any state that that allows non resident purchases

Top Bottom