Not open for further replies.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No, this thread is whether the intent of the restaurant was to prohibit CHL holders from their premises. Try reading before you attempt to show your intellect...
    DK Firearms

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Mr. Redneck is a Judge or one of the other more equal than the equal class that exempt themselves from the laws the rabble must follow.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    No, this thread is whether the intent of the restaurant was to prohibit CHL holders from their premises. Try reading before you attempt to show your intellect...

I pointed out a statement you made that reflects mistaken information, and could mean the difference between carrying legally and committing a felony. If you don't care I'll wish you good luck and leave it at that.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    They'll post it to the bar area, not the entire restaurant....

Actually, it depends on how they're licensed. The bar can have a license separate from the restaurant.

My understanding in that a business that sells alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption is either a bar or not, and carry in the premises of a bar is prohibited. Premises means the whole building. Also, I do not believe a bar inside of a restaurant can hold a separate permit. Even if it could, as a separate business, the whole building would be 46.035 due to the "premises" definition. If the place is a 51% and they fail to post the sign we get a defense to prosecution, as you know. A 51% location that is friendly to CHL holders might "forget" to post the sign.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The TABC Public Search web site shows Schobels has a license (MB731610), which I take means they have a "MIXED BEVERAGE PERMIT (MB) - Permit authorizes the holder to sell mixed drinks from unsealed containers and wine, beer, ale and malt liquor in containers of any legal size for on-premise consumption (Source)."

Does anyone know how to tell if it's a 51% establishment or not? I doubt that most restaurants have enough alcohol sales to constitute more than half of their gross receipts; but you never know!

Cheers! M2

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Mr. Redneck is a Judge or one of the other more equal than the equal class that exempt themselves from the laws the rabble must follow.

WTF?
    Now that's some funny shit!

I think your questioning my comments and no man I have nothing to do with anything other than being a Citizen of Texas. The comments I make are factual and true. Look in the Black Powder pistol thread and I will post something you want to see.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My understanding in that a business that sells alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption is either a bar or not, and carry in the premises of a bar is prohibited. Premises means the whole building. Also, I do not believe a bar inside of a restaurant can hold a separate permit. Even if it could, as a separate business, the whole building would be 46.035 due to the "premises" definition. If the place is a 51% and they fail to post the sign we get a defense to prosecution, as you know. A 51% location that is friendly to CHL holders might "forget" to post the sign.

Again, you are mistaken. It's based on their gross revenues. Period. That means if 51% of their gross revenues are from alcohol, then it's a bar. If it's a restaurant or other facility that derives 51% of their revenue from food/other sales, then they are not a "51%" signage facility, and concealed carry is permitted.

This is something I already knew, and wasn't part of this discussion - the discussion was about their signage, and the original comments by the staff and management that it was their intent to ban *all* guns. As noted, subsequent discussion *with the owner* showed this *not* to be their intent, and that they have NO issue with CHL holders carrying on their premises.

IOW, there was a whole different level added to this discussion than was really needed, since there was not a question as to whether they were a 51%.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Again, you are mistaken. It's based on their gross revenues. Period. That means if 51% of their gross revenues are from alcohol, then it's a bar. If it's a restaurant or other facility that derives 51% of their revenue from food/other sales, then they are not a "51%" signage facility, and concealed carry is permitted.

How did I not say exactly this?

IOW, there was a whole different level added to this discussion than was really needed, since there was not a question as to whether they were a 51%.
    Is it a 51% establishment? Just curious now.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's not the scope of this discussion, and frankly I'm tired of answering your non-pertinent issues in an attempt to make it sound like I was somehow misleading or in error in my comments. I notice you seem to like doing that, as if attempting to somehow show your "knowledge", and I'm way fed up w/it. So don't expect any further responses from me....everyone will be happier.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    They'll post it to the bar area, not the entire restaurant....

Yes, I pointed out the error of this statement. Then you became personally offended and resorted to personal attacks instead of explaining your position or admiting error. You repeatedly misinterpret my posts and I would quit responding to you but this is a public forum and your comments are readable by anyone in the world. Stop spouting nonsense that you can't back up and I'll stay out of your threads. Deal?

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    Here is my understanding of these Non 30:06 signs. I have asked several CHL instructors as well as LEO friends and one assistant county prosecutor and all have the same answer. Those signs are telling all Non-CHL persons they may not carry there. You need not ask permission to carry. If you are spotted carrying a gun there the most they can do is ask you to leave. If you do not you can be charged with criminal trespass by the holder of a CHL. You could also be charged with failure to conceal but not criminal trespass unless you refuse to leave when asked. Those signs are all over Houston in public buildings. They mean nothing. Don't ask, Don't Tell, Don't fail to conceal.

Private property (not a bar) must post a 30:06 sign. The sign they are probably supposed to post (and are talking about) is the "The Unlicensed possession of a gun on these premises is a felony......." Any place that sells alcohol that is not a bar is supposed to post that sign.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    That's not the scope of this discussion, and frankly I'm tired of answering your non-pertinent issues in an attempt to make it sound like I was somehow misleading or in error in my comments. I notice you seem to like doing that, as if attempting to somehow show your "knowledge", and I'm way fed up w/it. So don't expect any further responses from me....everyone will be happier.

The correct signage will most likely be the blue TABC non 51% sign. Just a guess on my part though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom