• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chingdaotze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    I've got a new Arsenal SLR104-31 coming, with a whole bunch of commie milsurp FMJ 5.45x39 ammo. Doing my research on the 'net I've found that Gibson's range looks promising as long as you:

1) Follow the rules and don't do anything stupid.
    2) Avoid the son.
    3) Don't expect politeness.

I'm really curious about the facilities and rules at their range, as no one seems to have a complete or up-to-date list of either. Answers I'm looking for are:

1) What are the distances, number of lanes, and what kind of targets do they have? (1,2,3... lanes with paper, steel gongs, etc... at 25, 50, 100 yds, etc...)
    2) For the above lanes, is FMJ allowed on any of the targets and distances?
    3) Do I have to bring any special supplies of my own to hang paper targets? (stapler, tape, binder clips, etc...)
    4) Do they let me bring my own steel gongs or self-sealing ground-bouncing targets?
    5) Any particularly special rules? (i.e. 1 shot per second, only load 10 rounds at a time, guns must be carried mag out and muzzle down, can only shoot sitting at the bench, etc...)
    6) What are the current range fees for 1st time customers?

Thanks in advance!

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    1. Distances for pistol are 10 and 50 yds if I recall. Rifle is 50, 100 and 200. All lanes are individual wood brackets with a cardboard backer.
    2. Yes, on all.
    3. No. they use tacks to stick targets on the backboard
    4. Maybe, but probably not
    5. No, everytime I have asked the dad, he has been very good about letting me practice, as long as I am not stupid. The son might say different.
    6. I want to say 20 bucks, and that is for all lanes, no time limit.

I always go on a weekday and I have the range to myself. This means I don't have to deal with any unnecessary bullshit. I highly recommend this if you can.

Also, since you are looking to go shoot, just to let you know, some other TGT members are looking to get together and go shoot at Fusion Gun Range. The thread can be found here if you are interested:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/dallas-fort-worth/56222-north-dallas-get-together-3.html

Last edited:

chingdaotze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Thanks for the reply! I'm working on building my first semi-auto rifle right now... so I'm not sure if it'll be ready in time for the shoot. If I can't make this one, I'll go for the next!

Top Bottom