• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    My take on school taxes is that Texas uses the " robbing hoodlum" plan to steal my money and fritter it away somewhere I DON'T live.

This amounts to taxation without representation. Was't that what led to a rebellion some time ago?

We should be able to vote in the school district where our school taxes go. For bonds AND BOARD members.
    Do you not? I've never been aware one doesn't vote for local school board members and on bond issues in their district.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Problem is same as judges, can't find anything out about them, or, they are al the same liberals and no choice.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Do you not? I've never been aware one doesn't vote for local school board members and on bond issues in their district.
    I pay taxes to my local ISD, but they forward part of my payment to a poorer ISD that I don't get any say in how it is spent/wasted. That's why it is taxation without representation!

I vote in all elections that I am allowed by my residency but living in DFW, I can't vote in smalltown Texas elections where some of my tax money gets wasted.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Well, that’s good to know ‘the Robin Hood Plan’ is working so well. And I’m especially glad to hear my property tax dollars helped buy those kids in south Texas a new $20M water park!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Hey it’s a good gig, get unpaid child labor to sell stuff at 80-90% gross margin.

Call it a charity. And whammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Texas:

Over 1100 school districts (1142 ???)

Some of these ISD's are only a couple of schools. The top end Admin side often has more employees than teachers. Super's make big, BIG and BIGGER money, of ten with fat contracts that pay them their contract life 3-5 years or more even if they get fired, which many do (maybe in order to walk with a half million $$$ or more).

I lived in one town where the ISD Super, retired at FULL pay after only 10 years, then got hired back for 10 more years at FULL pay + FULL retirement PAY along with a FULL TIME LIMO and driver.

How to FIX: Create only 1 ISD, call it Texas ISD and 1 Super based in Austin who gets paid on the Texas state employee scale. The Super is responsible for setting state standards and operational conduct of school physical plants. Not involved with the education side of the house, that and teachers are local issues. Cost saving to be in the $100's of millions...

Top Bottom