• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Are rife scope sunshade threads pretty much consistent between brands. I'm looking around for a 3" to 4" sunshade for a 50 mm objective and can't seem to find anything about which scopes they fit and which they don't. Somebody school me some, thanks. :rolleyes:
    Capitol Armory ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am going to guess that every manufacturer is different but can't say for sure.

I haven't tried to mix and match.

Does your scope manufacturer have shades available?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Thanks. Couldn't find any that Weaver offers. But I'm still looking. I was going to guess they would have been kinda' standard but that's just a guess. Where I shoot at a friend's ranch, the targets are to the due West of the bench. Had to be done that way for safety. We sit under a big oak tree but I think a shade would help.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I learned the value of sun shades when shooting matches at Pearland's "Range from Hell". At various times of the year, the sun shines in your face.....right over the berm and splatters into the scope objective lens! Many times, we rolled up targets and taped them to the forward ends of our scopes.

I don't hunt and shoot only at known distances so I don't buy expensive optics. The BSA series scopes work great for me and several of their scopes come with sunshades. I got into Nikon scopes and found some exceptional buys in Nikon but I miss the sunshades!

Flash

Top Bottom