• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotshot12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Have any of yall ever used one of this brands muzzle brakes. If so, do they really relieve as much recoil as their said to. To any one else that uses muzzle brakes, do yall feel the brake relieves some of the recoil. What brand of brakes do yall have.
    Capitol Armory ad

CoachHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Keller, TX
    I have the BOSS system muzzle break on my Browning .270. I guess it reduces recoil some, but what affects me is how damn loud it is. It's so loud, I think it affects my accuracy at times because I flinch more. Don't know if that helps you any.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    you shouldn't need a muzzle brake/compensator on anything smaller than a 308... 300's and up i can see it.

if anything magna-port it... much more effective both on recoil and noise direction at the same time. like said above if it makes it louder and causes you to flinch that will mess your up your accuracy you are trying to achieve by adding the brake/comp/ports

I agree with the bottom but not the top :) Less recoil the better.. doesn't matter what you are shooting. i think less felt recoil equals better shooting... But if i guess it being loud is making you flinch more than no.. but ive never had that issue with ear plugs in.. especially on anything smaller than a 308..
    I take that back.. a Draco pistol makes me flinch.. and my heart just about stops.... :)

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I had a Herters Muzzle brake on an old Eddystone I used to have, It came with a removable sheath that channeled the blast and noise out the front. The rifle was only .30-06, but the brake put felt recoil around that of a .22-250.

Last edited by a moderator:

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Another point is .. there are plenty of muzzle breaks out there that will reduce recoil.. there are not so many that increase accuracy or at least leave it the same... A non quality muzzle break or a non quality thread job with a break can certainly affect your accuracy in a negative way.

I like breaks on guns that I would use in a follow up shot type of situation I like breaks on smaller caliber rounds as it just increases my confidence and I think it can take you to that next tear in training. Have you every watched the slow mo segments of the mag pull video's where they focus on the muzzle of the gun... it is pretty insane.. their muzzles don't even move.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I couldn't find the slow mo parts.. but even so with this full speed. If you watch the muzzles you notice they stay pretty freaking still.. and I mean I know a .223 in an ar-15 does not kick that much.. but go shoot that fast and let me know what happens to your muzzle.

Are you using open sights? red dot?

Top Bottom