• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    They were ONCE an invasive species. The invasion is complete. Now is time to train them to kill fleas and ticks, and cultivate them for their beneficial properties!

As for propagation: I ain't no evil mad scientist.

Just give 'em some water, and they'll keep your dogs and cats free of fleas and ticks.

Once they run out of food, their colonies will collapse. Nature at it's finest.

Water, that's funny. My favorite death sentence for fire ants in my back yard or close in the front yard is my propane torch i use for sweating copper joints. I just love to cook them "fire ants" with fire. When I'm done digging in the dirt with a stick in my left hand and the torch in my right hand, all that's left is a patch of singed grass and a lot of dead ant corpses. For the average fire ant colony in the front yard not close to the house, andro works very well.

While riding motorcycles up in Burnett county this week near lake Buchanan, we stopped in at an LCRA park and saw them huge red ants for the first time. We had black ants in Michigan that size called carpenter ants but something about the flame red color told me to stand back. they were super quick too.
    Texas SOT

Mr. Bojangles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Humble
    We don't have scorpions here (that I'm aware of) but I have killed three Black Widow's on my patio. I guess there's something about living on a lake that really attracts the spiders. I've never seen such an abundance of arachnids until we moved into this apartment right on the lake. I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy scorpions, but there's something extra creepy about bugs that drop down on your ass from above like ninjas and you don't know they're on you until they crawl up the back of your neck.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^^ it is all the bugs that attract them.

anyone ever catch a scorpion and drip a drop of rubbing alcohol or everclear on their backs?

they sting themselves to death! pretty hardcore to watch.

and as for fireants i dont know if they still make it, but a good poison is MaxForce

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Just found a scorpion in the house! WTF! How the hell did it get in here! :ohnoes:

Now I have to check all my shoes and shit.

Finally got moved into the house down the street from you, so far no scorpions, but we can't seem to get a grip on the sugar ants, using Home Defense all over the place, but it's an everyday ordeal.

Top Bottom