• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    and dont even mention ants!
    this is the first yard ive ever had without a fireant hill.

when i was a kid and gas was cheap my dad would pour a gallon in every ant hill in the yard.

we'd wait an hour for the fumes to fill all their tunnels and drop matches down the main tunnel.

worked especially well on those giant freakin red ants out west.
    Guns International

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i got stung like 9 times in a row when i was a baby.

got stung by one when i was 13, and didnt even feel it....

either he was out of juice or im immune. i dont plan on finding out however.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    and what started it?

Clockwork's twisted little mind

yxsAp.gif

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you have household pets AND fire ants, leave the ants alone! Fire ants dine on fleas and ticks. Once stung by a fire ant, neither dog nor cat will ever again step into an ant pile.

I am so proud of my fire ant piles, that I occasionally spray water on them to keep them hydrated.

Not one tick or flea on our dogs and cats for many years now.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Fire ants are an invasive species and will dine on ANYTHING in their path. I hope you're not propagating them too.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I used to have a pet rattlesnake in a huge tank. We went on vacation for two weeks and while we were gone fire ants moved in through the mesh top and started to chow down on my snake. Fire ants will eat ANYTHING!! They can get to even more so when they are agitated.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    When I lived in San Angelo and the neighborhood was still under construction, I used to get these all the time. They seemed to like to hang on the ceiling above my bed. Good bug catchers. The sting is about the same as a bee sting. Still a shock to the system in the middle of the night.

Funny you say that. When I bought my house 10 years ago in the southwest part of town the neighborhood was still being built. As they dug the foundations alongside me and behind me Scorpions seemed to be everywhere.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Funny you say that. When I bought my house 10 years ago in the southwest part of town the neighborhood was still being built. As they dug the foundations alongside me and behind me Scorpions seemed to be everywhere.

When I lived there, Southwest Blvd and Sherwood Way was the southwest side of town. The dang town has expanded. There is literally a Dodge dealership where the horse stables used to be. The drive-in theater was replaced by a Wal-Mart (where I bought my first handgun) and then turned into a Tractor Supply.

When I moved there, Sun Set Mall did not yet exist, nor did Loop 306. I watched that town transform over the years. I still like to get down there for a visit from time to time. My parents still live there and I have friends from high school that still live there as well.

Are the two gun ranges still open? One out by the Good Year proving grounds and the other out by Lake Nasworthy (AKA nasty water)?

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It's been quite a few years since I was there. Is Lake Nasworthy still 50-60 below the spillway?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Fire ants are an invasive species and will dine on ANYTHING in their path. I hope you're not propagating them too.

They were ONCE an invasive species. The invasion is complete. Now is time to train them to kill fleas and ticks, and cultivate them for their beneficial properties!

As for propagation: I ain't no evil mad scientist.

Just give 'em some water, and they'll keep your dogs and cats free of fleas and ticks.

Once they run out of food, their colonies will collapse. Nature at it's finest.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    When I lived there, Southwest Blvd and Sherwood Way was the southwest side of town. The dang town has expanded. There is literally a Dodge dealership where the horse stables used to be. The drive-in theater was replaced by a Wal-Mart (where I bought my first handgun) and then turned into a Tractor Supply.

When I moved there, Sun Set Mall did not yet exist, nor did Loop 306. I watched that town transform over the years. I still like to get down there for a visit from time to time. My parents still live there and I have friends from high school that still live there as well.

Are the two gun ranges still open? One out by the Good Year proving grounds and the other out by Lake Nasworthy (AKA nasty water)?

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twin Mountain gun range is the one out by Good Year. Its still open but the last time I went there it was in dire need of some upgrading. That was about 2 years ago. Our other gun range is called San Angelo Gun club and its off of Arden Rd. Nice set up.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I get scorpions in my house (in College Station) periodically. Lived here for 10 years and never saw one before until I moved into my current home - on the edge of town.

Freaked me out the first time, as someone who grew up in Louisiana and never saw one before. But, I don't worry about them much.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Fire ants, easy to get rid of take a leak on their homes. They scamble out and move on. I had probably 20 spots in the yard with them, granted I live in the middle of no where, works great, not like that stuff they sell at HEB, this is quick.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Oh great, now I'm gonna have to explain to my nosey neighbors why I'm always pissin in the yard.

Top Bottom