SCOTUS to hear Anti Gun Maker case?

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by thorkyl, Sep 1, 2009.

1. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
  2. Libertarian_Longhorn

Libertarian_Longhorn Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    suing beretta or any arms manufacturer is the equivalent of suing budweiser or chevrolet for a drunk driving death.

3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm sure they have tried.

4. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Another attempt to blame anyone EXCEPT the parents for their childrens mistakes...

5. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I know, I am gonna sue the manufacturer of my flat wear for the health problems caused by my being over weight...

6. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple

It is simply to try and drive the gun companies out of business. Gun companies aren't that big. They know they will lose the court, but it costs money to defend yourself.

7. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That child died because of a father's stupidity.

It says that the ******* who was too stupid to realize that removing the magazine from a pistol does not unload it brought the suit. Mr. Swain's son wasn't even the one injured!

Mr. Swain should suck-start that Berretta... That would be justice, not shifting the blame. You screwed up, you dumb prick, now own it.

8. jgedmond

jgedmond Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Given the anti-gun mindset in Illinois, don't they have laws about storing guns so that "children" cannot access them?

Shouldn't the dead boys parents be bringing a suit against Mr Swan (Swain?) and shouldn't the Illinois authorities be prosecuting him for negligent homicide?

9. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    yea the gun killed your kid like mcdonalds makes people fat, its a matter of choice and responsibility for your own actions. but we all know that well anyone with common sense.

10. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple

The boy's dad is a LEO. I don't know if they DIDN'T try and prosecute this guy, but I wouldn't be supprised if they didn't.