• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm really torn about this, as a shameless capitalist, I have no problems separating fool from his money. But usually I tell the fool I'm screwing him before I do and ask if it's ok. (you'd be surprised how well it works...) But as a buyer I'm no fool, nor do I think you can build a self sufficient business screwing fools.

But I remember being a little kid and getting all sorts of cool army surplus stuff from cheaper than dirt. Then they turned into a mainly gun store. Actually a few months ago, I found a P238 for about 50 bucks less than what bud's cheapest one was. (and they didn't start the panic) Obama started the panic....

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I want to make a few things clear:

1. I don't fault any individual person who sells an extra AR or AK during this time for more than what they paid. Genius. If you have that ability, it's definitely not a bad idea. I may do so myself.

2. I believe a business, such as CTD/Dicks/Walmart/etc., that is in this industry owes a certain amount of respect to it. Price gouging(although illegal and unethical in many sectors of our economy) doesn't bother me as much as pulling product AND certainly acting like AR15s are the tool of the devil. They are giving in to leftist thinking and undercutting the rest of us by giving the left the fuel for their arguments that semi-auto "assault" weapons are bad. All the left has to do is say "look at all these huge giants in the retailing business who agree that civilians shouldn't own these weapons and pulled them off the shelves".

3. Should a business get to decide what product they wish to carry? Absolutely. I do support the free market. But if they are going to pull ARs off their shelves I wish they would at least do so in a manner that supports the industry they've had no problems profiting off for the last "x" years/decades. For example, instead of giving the impression that the left is right, why not say what's probably really behind your decision(at least as I'd guess from a company like Walmart's perspective)- LIABILITY. "We are pulling certain guns today because we anticipate we could be the target of unfair lawsuits when some idiot goes and shoots up the school. It's a shame it's come to this, we believe and support the 2nd amendment, but we also have a business to run. We just can't risk subjecting to our company to frivolous lawsuits that have no merit simply because people are going to search for manufacturers & retailers to blame for the acts of a small percentage of people who choose to misuse the product." I could live with a statement like that. I can't live with an act that appears to back the idiots trying to take my rights away.

4. And for the crass, holier than thou, Mr. short memory/short dick guy... I've never supported CTD. After that last round of gouging of ammo(despite my dick size, I still remember), I told many friends and family not to support them. This isn't the time to go after other pro-2nd amendment folks with lame comments. This is the time we all need to band together and fight for what our founding fathers gave us or it may be taken away. Congratulations, you have a long memory/long dick. Now get get in the ring and support your fellow gun owners in defending the 2nd amendment and get down off the soap box/insult maker machine.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    I've never really found them to be cheaper when comparing around, but not deffinitely will not order from them even if they are cheaper than dirt if that's even possible.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    They have forever been profiteers. I don't have anything against a company making a buck, but when you are the instrument that adds fuel to the fire for profit... you can go to hell. I won't ever click on CTD's site again.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    CTD is anything but cheap, I've never bought from them for that very reason and I thought it ironic their name is "Cheaper than Dirt". They suspended all their online sales a few days after the Newtown shooting, and many people thought it was to appease gun phobic libtards but someone else told me it was because they just couldn't keep up with the massive volume of (already high) orders coming in after that day. Either way, they've never gotten and never will get a penny from me. I have gotten all the guns and ammo I can long before any of this BS and most of it has been stored away for many months. Although I have been looking closely at the Ruger American 30.06 but that'll have to wait.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I want to make a few things clear:

4. And for the crass, holier than thou, Mr. short memory/short dick guy... I've never supported CTD. After that last round of gouging of ammo(despite my dick size, I still remember), I told many friends and family not to support them. This isn't the time to go after other pro-2nd amendment folks with lame comments. This is the time we all need to band together and fight for what our founding fathers gave us or it may be taken away. Congratulations, you have a long memory/long dick. Now get get in the ring and support your fellow gun owners in defending the 2nd amendment and get down off the soap box/insult maker machine.

My comment wasn't meant to be crass or holier then thou. I was just trying to inject a little light harted humor as I reminded some of how CTD acted 4 years ago.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    I just don't like their response or knee jerk reaction to what's happening. There's no reason why they should have taken the position that they initially took other than giving the finger to the gun community and not having a spin to stand with us. Price isn't everything CTD, and most of the time your prices aren't even that low.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Never bought anything from them, but I deleted them from fb if they wont stand for my rights.. They be gone. I dont deal with knee jerk reaction emotion crap. Someone has to have a spine of steel Like MY good NRA!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Never bought from them or any other gun site, but once this GI BIll picks up, I plan on starting. You can bet I'll never go to CTD. I'll only go to walmart for their bulk ammo-if they still have it. Other than that, accessories and guns I can get elsewhere. Dicks-I have one very near to me that I have gone to in the past for odds and ends. They're out too.

KMX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    I will never shop there again along with Dicks, and anyplace that is compromising with our 2nd amendment.

SCREW THE NRA!

Gun Owners of America is the only non compromise organization is DC

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dislike the NRA all you want, but they're the hunnert-pound gorilla in DC. GOA hardly even gets mentioned. Nothing against 'em - but running around badmouthing one of the folks that ARE in the fight creates nothing but cracks for the opposition to exploit.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    This is not the time to be turning our backs on the NRA.

Back on topic: I stopped by the Cheaper Than Dirt in McKinney this morning just to see it for myself. They were wiped out of just about everything AR related except for some really nice higher end models and I noticed that they had not hiked the price on those at all. All of the lower end stuff was gone as well as all build necessities, accessories and such. I talked to a couple of the guys who have been working there for a while and I asked them if they had really had a run on everything or if they pulled it. Answer: They had a brief run but were instructed to pull and pack all of the lower end stuff (the stuff that was likely to sell) off the walls as well as all necessary build parts.

On a related note: I was at the gun show in Fort Worth this last weekend. What a mad house. I managed to get everything I needed to complete the few builds I still had in progress and didn't get gouged on anything that I bought but I was embarrassed for the professional gun community by most of what I saw. It never fails to amaze me how things like this will bring out the absolute worst in people.

I've always been a fan of Midway and have not been let down by them ever. I have several things back ordered from them right now sold to me at the regular price. I know that if there is any way possible that they get their orders in that I will quickly after that have two or three UPS boxes arriving.

There is lots of discussion going on right now about guns. The national media and liberal Democrats will do everything they can to exploit this national tragedy and apparently so will some who are among us. The NRA is the biggest voice we have and while I may wish that Mr. LaPierre had taken an even stronger line last night on "Meet the Press" he still spoke up for us and our rights on a national stage and did very well.

Also; please don't forget that the entire country is on the brink of falling off the fiscal cliff and many of these gun discussions are time fillers and distractions from what is about to happen to every tax paying citizen in America. Guns and our Constitutionally guaranteed right to own and bear them are extremely important but please remember that there are other things going on right now that can have extreme and long lasting effects. Also remember what Obama and his crew gave (hung around our necks) during the holiday season of 2009.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dislike the NRA all you want, but they're the hunnert-pound gorilla in DC. GOA hardly even gets mentioned. Nothing against 'em - but running around badmouthing one of the folks that ARE in the fight creates nothing but cracks for the opposition to exploit.

I honestly can't think of anything GOA's accomplished as far as legislative or lawsuits. That's bad, because I'm friends with several front-line activists. SAF and NRA on the other hand each have victories in at least one of those arenas. NRA excels in bullying Congress. SAF seems to be better with lawsuits.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh, and when I came home from work today, there was paper strewn all over the floor! My dogs ripped up a catalog that I hadn't even got to read!

...wait a minute... this is a CTD catalog. Good dogs!!

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I have been calling them Cheaper than nobody for quite a while now. My neighbor was in there a few days ago and the baseline bushmaster was 2299. The case of 5.56 was $899. I remember the last go around when pmags were $40. The CMMG kit, sans lower, went from $299 to $799 overnight. This is what they do. There is a shop in Plano that does the same thing. A single box of primers was $79. There are shops around that aren't gouging people. You just have to find them.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Forgot to add that the last time they did this people took screen shots of their prices and it showed the percentage above etail that they were charging. Someone had a screen cap at showed 250% over.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They suspended all their online sales a few days after the Newtown shooting, and many people thought it was to appease gun phobic libtards but someone else told me it was because they just couldn't keep up with the massive volume of (already high) orders coming in after that day.
    This seems much more likely... If they can't handle the volume its probably better to just shut down rather than run their employees ragged and deliver a poorer customer experience than what they already were doing. Plus, if they are nearly sold out with little prospect of resupply, they'd pretty much have to shut down that portion of their business.

Please don't assume I'm a CTD apologist, however... In my opinion they have never been cheaper than anything, and they promote nothing but marketing hype. Gecko45 must be their CEO.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I will never shop there again along with Dicks, and anyplace that is compromising with our 2nd amendment.

SCREW THE NRA!

Gun Owners of America is the only non compromise organization is DC

JPFO is more aggressive than GOA.
    I belong to both.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill

Top Bottom