• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I was informed that a second possible case is upcoming regarding the 2nd Amendment. This time, it's Chicago, and the plaintiff is being backed by a law firm out of Ft. Worth, TX.

Here's a brief, along with the story from the Ft. Worth Star Telegram outlining the case and the issue itself. The TSRA has stepped up with an amicus brief, and is looking for financial backing. As we all know, these cases are not cheap, and the outcome affects us all.

You will need a PDF reader to view the file: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/TSRA.pdf

Feel free to link to this page from other sites.
    Texas SOT

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I was informed that a second possible case is upcoming regarding the 2nd Amendment. This time, it's Chicago, and the plaintiff is being backed by a law firm out of Ft. Worth, TX.

Here's a brief, along with the story from the Ft. Worth Star Telegram outlining the case and the issue itself. The TSRA has stepped up with an amicus brief, and is looking for financial backing. As we all know, these cases are not cheap, and the outcome affects us all.

You will need a PDF reader to view the file: [url]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/TSRA.pdf[/URL]

Feel free to link to this page from other sites.

This should get interesting ! Grew up in Chicago. Why should the criminals only be able to pack heat ?

spence76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    El Paso
    The Supremes have not yet agreed to hear this case; and I would be very surprised if they do, in light of their very recent Heller ruling.

I agree they will probably decline it stating the matter has been settled in the Heller case. Especially since the Majority opinion stated the the 2A was an individual right besides I always thought federal law superseded state law. I mean if the Feds can still arrest people for buying marijuana in California even if they have a prescription for it, then Heller should apply outside DC and federal property. Probably not the best comparison but I believe its valid. Just my

Top Bottom