• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • taodoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    If this has already been beaten to death, please post up a redirect.

I have my TX CHL and carry at all legal times. I sometimes have to enter facilities where I cannot carry. What solutions have you found for securing your weapon in your vehicle?
    ARJ Defense ad

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Depends on where I am.
    Some locations, I just slip it into the door panel, under the seat, or in the center consul.
    I just never stick it in the same place twice in a row

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    At one time, I bought a cheap metal locking box and screwed it to the floor of my truck. It plays into both the out of sight and locking it up aspect of leaving a firearm in your vehicle.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    For Jeeps, they make lockable metal center consoles and glove box doors. As mentioned, you can bolt a lock box to the floor of your vehicle. If you drive several cars, I'd suggest a small metal box that locks with a cable. They sell them at Cabela's. I'd upgrade to a locking bicycle cable though. You could tuck it under your seat, in the trunk, or anywhere out of sight.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I used to have a metal lockbox bolted to the floor of my old truck. I often had to disarm as my work puts me into a lot of PDs, City Halls and on one day flights. Once, I was running late for a meeting and just stuffed it between the seats. I came back to find my door unlocked and my lockbox pried off the floor and stolen. My pistol was still where I left it. I got a kick out of the fact that some punk took the time to jimmy my door open and pry an empty, unlocked safe off the floor. I wonder how much time he spent at home trying to cut it open before he just tried the latch...

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I used some thick sheet plastic and made a false bottom for my console with just enough room for a pistol to hide neatly beneath.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    You do know everybody and his brother have handcuff keys, don't you?

MikeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    For $40, I use this

gunsafes.jpg

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    You do know everybody and his brother have handcuff keys, don't you?

I figure that much, but if fate has it that whatever scumbag breaks into my vehicle, one of the very few time I leave it in there, and has a handcuff key, then so be it. A bicycle lock can be cut with a leatherman, but it will take a pretty determined scumbag to cut a set of handcuffs or break them with the screwdriver they probably used to enter the vehicle with. They are thieves because they are lazy, not determined. Is the sheetmetal box much better?

kimbercarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Waco
    I figure that much, but if fate has it that whatever scumbag breaks into my vehicle, one of the very few time I leave it in there, and has a handcuff key, then so be it. A bicycle lock can be cut with a leatherman, but it will take a pretty determined scumbag to cut a set of handcuffs or break them with the screwdriver they probably used to enter the vehicle with. They are thieves because they are lazy, not determined. Is the sheetmetal box much better?

I agree with you. Most criminals are looking to get in and out as quickly as possible, and do not want to do anything that will slow them down. Then again, if a crook is determined there won't be much that will slow him down.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom