• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    At the Houston range day I showed a PT digital zoom camera that I accessed from my Android phone. What's attractive is the sub $100.00 price point, only having to supply power and a wireless Internet connection. The one I use is mounted outside on a porch and has been working for 6 months. Power is supplied by snaking the small wire out a window.

Here is the link to the Houston based importer: Foscam FI8918W Wireless IP Camera

Get 10% off by using code wifi1001

You can do a model number search as well on ebay or amazon.com if you'd like some extra consumer protection from those sights.

I also think their newer version is worth a look. For $30.00 more you get a better day night transition and better picture.

We have the one I use setup to send emails if there is any movements. It sends pictures along with the email. Great thing to look around for things that go bump in the night without leaving your home as well.

Any questions let me know.

201-96300-02_5.jpg

Outdoor-FI8918W.jpg

DayPicture.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, they offer "remote installation & set-up" for $39.95.
    Does that mean they come to your house & install or what?

ETA: Nevermind.....remote computer installation, lol.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    How good is that at night? I live in a great neighborhood but I like to see what's going on at night? 8 meters is plenty but how good is the quality?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    This was a damn cool idea Matefrio showed us all. You can PAN with these cameras remotely. I can't stress how bad ass that is. I am definitely adding this to my "gadgets to acquire" list.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm guessing it only works well with the new fangled smart phones or an actual computer...Really cool, but I think that would get me.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Is that the same cam we were looking at saturday?
    No, he has the Foscam FI8918W. and is ~$25.00 less.

The one I got : Has an
    embedded IR-Cut filter providing enhanced picture and color quality. The IR-Cut filter automatically adjusts the lighting exposure via mechanical filter to provide true and accurately colored images that are not washed out. In addition, the FI8910W has an upgraded and higher quality external housing as well as an included 2 year extended warranty.

The IR-cut is a physical IR filter that drops down into the lens (internally) to filter out IR light from hitting the CMOS sensor. This allows the sensor to only perceive visible light, thereby better preserving the natural colors we see as humans during the day. The filter drops down when the light sensor on the front detects enough visible light and turns the IR illuminator LEDs off or when you turn the IR's off yourself manually in the web user interface. When it's dark, the IR filter goes up & the CMOS sensor is able to detect all light, including infrared (IR), which is what comes from the IR illuminators.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No, he has the Foscam FI8918W. and is ~$25.00 less.

The one I got : Has an
    embedded IR-Cut filter providing enhanced picture and color quality. The IR-Cut filter automatically adjusts the lighting exposure via mechanical filter to provide true and accurately colored images that are not washed out. In addition, the FI8910W has an upgraded and higher quality external housing as well as an included 2 year extended warranty.

I was under the impression that the OP was your camera??

Top Bottom