• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Were off duty, but in uniform? Headed to or from work?

Yeah LEO's may wear their uniforms, so long as their department approves, while moonlighting. Mustang Ridge is one of those it seems, I see them frequently. I've even seen LEO's not working for a department wear a plain uniform with TX peace officer patches.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah LEO's may wear their uniforms, so long as their department approves, while moonlighting. Mustang Ridge is one of those it seems, I see them frequently. I've even seen LEO's not working for a department wear a plain uniform with TX peace officer patches.
    The were cops. OK. I might have missed it, but I didn't get they were cops.

Makes it confusing when the article refers to them as security guards.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The reporter doesn't write very clear. I didn't catch the guy was an LEO either.

First...
    "Roger Wade with the Travis County Sheriff’s Office says an off-duty Mustang Ridge security officer was working at the Crown Event Center, located at 9111 FM 812 early Sunday morning when a truck entered the parking lot driving erratically."

Then...
    "Wade says the truck did not stop. The off-duty Mustang Ridge officer was transported to University Medical Center Brackenridge with minor injuries."

Seems the reporter was waffling between describing the man using the position he was injured in vs his other job as an officer.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013

Some depts will not allow you to wear your real uniform doing off duty jobs. They sale the TX PO patches and badges for those guys. They still have to be real officer to wear that.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Some depts will not allow you to wear your real uniform doing off duty jobs. They sale the TX PO patches and badges for those guys. They still have to be real officer to wear that.

Of course they have to be real officers.. lol
    Or are you saying a department has to hold their license in order to wear the TX PO patches?

Top Bottom