• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xerox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2016
    Grayson County
    As the title suggests, I'm looking for a range in Grayson (or the surrounding area if it comes to that) which allows rifles, and is outside.

What the title doesn't say is that I'd really prefer to be able to use FMJ, seeing as all of my rifle ammo falls under that category (some of which I'm not entirely sure there is a softpoint alternative without reloading). And I'd also rather not have to deal with any "2 second" rules. I don't plan on rapid firing, but its nice knowing that I won't get a tap on the shoulder because I wasn't running a timer in my head.
    Being open for shotguns would be nice as well, but I'm not going to push my luck too far.
    DK Firearms

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    What part of the county? Im a county over and not familiar yet with Grayson. Check and see what corps land is in the northern portion near the river. From my understanding you can shoot rifles and shotguns on corps land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    The main reason I know of Grayson county is I was charged with illegal weapons on federal property for shooting an ak on corps land around 1990. This was on the south side of 380, maybe McKinney.

There were signs saying hunting by permit only but we weren't hunting, just plinking.

20 minutes in here comes the GW with his .gov mini14, tells me to drop my mag, rack it and move to the car. All this time his rifle is at what I call low ready, ready to shoot the dirt between us. After I unchamber and my friends do the same with their pistols his barrel comes up to chest high and he moves us back to the car.

i haven't been back to Grayson county since and I try to avoid COE property as well.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    There is the Choctaw Preserve, I've seen a place in Whitewright, and several others. If you have a smart phone download the app "where to shoot". It's a great app that will list gun ranges in your area or what area you wish to search. You have a lot of options in and around Grayson County.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    The main reason I know of Grayson county is I was charged with illegal weapons on federal property for shooting an ak on corps land around 1990. This was on the south side of 380, maybe McKinney.

There were signs saying hunting by permit only but we weren't hunting, just plinking.

20 minutes in here comes the GW with his .gov mini14, tells me to drop my mag, rack it and move to the car. All this time his rifle is at what I call low ready, ready to shoot the dirt between us. After I unchamber and my friends do the same with their pistols his barrel comes up to chest high and he moves us back to the car.

i haven't been back to Grayson county since and I try to avoid COE property as well.

Not denying your experience, however if you were south of 380, you were in Denton or Collin county. Grayson doesn't go that far south.

That area may share a game warden (kinda doubt it), but that was a while ago so who knows. Before doing anything on corps land it's a good idea to find a GW or deputy to ask what you can and cannot do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom