• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You get money from buyer <unless you really trust them> he fills out paper work and in 6 months to a year paperwork is done you hand over suppressor.

Unless the suppressor is on a trust that was made so it could be sold or transferred and then its he pays you amend trust and hand it over this has its own complications and I would consult a lawyer if you dont know how it works.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    The same process as buying it from a dealer. Form 4, Form 20s, prints, photos, $200 to the feds, CLEO notification, and waiting. Generally they aren't even worth selling with the financial hit.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    one other thing to consider is if its in the same state as you are otherwise its really not worth it 2 tax stamps and a form 3 so almost 2 years wait lol.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Suppressors are a tough sell, as they are readily available and the 6 month wait and honor system cash outlay is tough.

Once an on-line guy wanted to sell me a can and put me on his trust until paperwork came through so I could have immediate possession.
    That all sounds good until I considered that if he took me off the trust the next week I'd then be a felon in possession. I thanks but NFW!

Unless it's to a very close friend or family, well....stick to dealers.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Sean, how does this work?

I'm looking at buying an m16, a mac10 with can, and another can. This is from a buddy(25 years we've shot together). He's in Dallas, I'm in houston and you did my trust.

PM if you'd like.

Thanks
    Michael

Top Bottom