• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chris

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Houston
    Hi guys, I was wondering do you need a Class III License to sell a Class III Gun? What if I bought the gun before Class III's where needed? How would the law work then?
    Texas SOT

Chris

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Houston
    Yes...I know a friend...of a friend...whos grandfather bought a nice little AK-47 from a gun show a very long time ago. And since he has passed, the gun now belongs to my friend of a friend (his grandson) and its in his gun safe and he cant take it out for fear of getting it confiscated or arrested.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The number of registered machine guns that are transferable was frozen in 1986. Frozen = no more accepted. That's it. All done. Machine gun didn't make the list it cannot be added.

Without any paperwork to show it was registered I'd destroy it ASAP personally.

This acquaintance can get in a BUNCH of trouble for just possessing it.

If it was sold or transferred hands that trouble would multiply quickly as they're going to go down for tax evasion as well. Most busts go much harder on the seller than the buyer.

Most likely the buyer, if caught possessing said item, would would be strongly encouraged to give up the seller with a convincing incentive program.

Any private offers to help you dispose of said items are now suspect btw. I'd hide your dog. :-)

Violations of the Act are punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison and forfeiture of all devices or firearms in violation, and the individual's right to own or possess firearms in the future. The Act provides for a penalty of $10,000 for certain violations. A willful attempt to evade or defeat a tax imposed by the Act is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $100,000 fine ($500,000 in the case of a corporation or trust), under the general tax evasion statute. For an individual, the felony fine of $100,000 for tax evasion could be increased to $250,000

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've got a friend of a friend with a Striker/Street Sweeper that he bought new in the 80's (I think) and missed or ignored the directive to register it in the 90's. He was none too pleased when I told him his only (legal) options at this point were to chop it into bite-sized pieces or hand it over to the ATF.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hm wonder what would happen if the gun was disassembled and sold part by part.

I don't think you get the picture. This is like talking about your buddy having 10 lbs. of cocaine in his house and asking a public forum about what I should do with it.

This thread is closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1