• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Senate committee approves assault weapons ban - latimes.com

WASHINGTON — A federal ban on assault weapons cleared a Democratic-run Senate committee Thursday in a party-line vote after its chief sponsor, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) clashed with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) over the 2nd Amendment.
    “I’ve looked at bodies that have been shot with these weapons,” Feinstein snapped at Cruz after he questioned her on the Constitution. “It’s fine if you want to lecture me on the Constitution. Just know that I’ve been here for a long time,” citing her 20 years on the Judiciary Committee.
    Although the 10-8 vote advanced the bill to the full Senate, the hard work now begins for Feinstein, who wrote the 1994 law only to see it expire in 2004.
    Not only did every one of the Judiciary Committee’s Republicans vote against the bill, but Feinstein has struggled to line up support among rural-state Democrats, some of whom are up for reelection next year. “The road is uphill. I fully understand it,” said Feinstein, who recently called the assault weapons ban a “life’s mission for me.”
    Capitol Armory ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Wow, just wow! A Jew who wants to disarm not only her people, but the rest of the United States.

Some people never learn that history tends to repeat itself.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    If this was a standard court room her case would be thrown out because she cant answer a freaking question. it takes how many people to come to her rescue in an attempt to avoid the question. and how the heck is any ammendment not a guarentee?! so your freedoms are only valid when someone wants them to be?

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I don't get why she won't just move to canada. She would love it up there!

Sent from Hicksville

Probably for similar reasons why Piers Morgan won't move back to the UK. She's too fuckin' stupid/ignorant/stubborn to realize that she's part of the problem, and still thinks she can "fix" things.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I find it interesting that she thinks these guns should be banned because she's "examined bodies that have been shot with these weapons"...while guys who themselves have BEEN shot by, and shot AT by actual military weapons don't tend to line up behind the gun ban. My dad was shot five times with an M1 Garand (long story) and he's not clamoring for ANYTHING to be banned.

What she's really saying is that she claims the right to think for the mere peasants who should do as she says.

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    I find it interesting that she thinks these guns should be banned because she's "examined bodies that have been shot with these weapons"...while guys who themselves have BEEN shot by, and shot AT by actual military weapons don't tend to line up behind the gun ban. My dad was shot five times with an M1 Garand (long story) and he's not clamoring for ANYTHING to be banned.

What she's really saying is that she claims the right to think for the mere peasants who should do as she says.

I think in Feinstein's mind she's the real victim, because she had to go through the horrible experience of seeing the aftermath of these shootings instead of being the persons who were killed by them. Leftist hippie thinking at its finest.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Cruz really dropped the ball, though. When it started snarling about the Heller Ruling, he should have responded with the Miller ruling, that mentioned weapons of the type used in military service.

Top Bottom