• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Here's the latest from or Second Amendment champion, Ted Cruz! Please check out the report he filed that details Obama's efforts to overstep his authority. Ted Cruz is my hero!

Flash

April 16, 2013
    Greetings,​
    In light of yesterday's bombing in Boston, I wanted to take the opportunity to ask you to keep the victims of the attacks, their families and friends, and all the first responders in your thoughts and prayers. The bombings were nothing short of an act of terror, and those responsible must be brought to justice.​
    I'd also like to update you on the latest in what's happening in the Senate. Yesterday was Tax Day, on Thursday the Senate voted to proceed to gun control legislation that not a single Senator had the opportunity to read, and I released a report on the Obama Adminstration's attempts to expand federal power. I hope you'll keep reading to find out more and please share our latest newsletter on Facebook and Twitter.​
    All the best,​
    tedcruzsig.png

Ted Cruz​
    TAX DAY
    Yesterday was a day dreaded by many Americans -- the federal income tax day deadline. To mark the occasion, Sen. Cruz released the following video:​
    REPORT ON OBAMA ADMINISTRATION'S POWER GRABS
    Last week, Sen. Cruz released a report – “The Legal Limit: The Obama Administration’s Attempts to Expand Federal Power” – that analyzed six instances in the last 15 months where the U.S. Supreme Court had unanimously rejected the Obama Administration’s arguments for increased federal power.​
    Had President Obama’s Department of Justice been successful in its cases, the federal government would have the power to:​
    • Attach GPSs to a citizen’s vehicle to monitor his movements, without having any cause to believe that a person has committed a crime (United States v. Jones);
    • Deprive landowners of the right to challenge potential government fines as high as $75,000 per day and take away their ability have a hearing to challenge those fines (Sackett v. EPA);
    • Interfere with a church’s selection of its own ministers. (Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church & School v. EEOC);
    • Override state law whenever the President desires. (Arizona v. United States);
    • Dramatically extend statutes of limitations to impose penalties for acts committed decades ago. (Gabelli v. SEC); and
    • Destroy private property without paying just compensation. (Arkansas Fish & Game Commission v. United States).
    Rush Limbaugh found reason to be optimistic in Sen. Cruz's report. Listen to and share what he had to say.​
    STOPPING INTRUSIVE, INEFFECTIVE GUN LEGISLATION
    Last Thursday, the Senate voted on a motion to proceed to the firearms bill (S.649). We expect that the Toomey-Manchin provision will replace the current language regarding background checks in the bill. But as of the vote on Thursday morning, not a single Senator had been provided the legislative language of the provision. Sen. Cruz joined with Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Rand Paul (R-KY) to oppose the motion to cut off debate and proceed to the bill. Unfortunately, the motion passed, 68-31. More votes will occur this week. Sen. Cruz also had an opportunity to join Sean Hannity to talk about the fight to defend the Second Amendment and why it is critical that this background check legislation be stopped. Watch and share the interview.​
    IN THE MEDIA

Austin Office
    300 E. 8th St, Suite #961
    Austin, TX 78701
    Phone: (512) 916-5834​
    Dallas Office
    10440 N Central Expwy, Suite #1160
    Dallas, TX 75231
    Phone: (214) 361-3500​
    Houston Office
    1919 Smith St., Suite #800
    Houston, TX 77002