• TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I like it.

Why should someone who chooses to fight for our enemies continue to enjoy the rights and protections provided by our Constitution and Bill of Rights?

As far as I'm concerned they burned their citizen card the minute they chose to fight against us.

Removing their citizenship just gives us more leeway in "dealing" with the bastards.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Sounds good, but read the proposed wording. Is this not something that can come back and bite in the ass any attempt to fight the Feds trying to further erode our rights and shred the Constitution, as they are now doing?

Revoking passports is one thing. Giving these clowns more discretionary power, another issue that may be rife with unintended consequences.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So if the bill passes and it keeps out anybody helping ISIS, does that mean it could be used to throw Obama out of the country? He's not a citizen anyway and nobody has done more to help the Muslim cause against the USA more than him.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    So if the bill passes and it keeps out anybody helping ISIS, does that mean it could be used to throw Obama out of the country? He's not a citizen anyway and nobody has done more to help the Muslim cause against the USA more than him.

Good point. As soon as the law passes, I'll start a WH petition to have Holder charge Obama under the Expatriate Terrorist Act. Won't go anywhere, but it will sure piss off the Golfer-in-Chief if it hits the response threshold.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Sounds good, but read the proposed wording. Is this not something that can come back and bite in the ass any attempt to fight the Feds trying to further erode our rights and shred the Constitution, as they are now doing?

Revoking passports is one thing. Giving these clowns more discretionary power, another issue that may be rife with unintended consequences.

I'm admittedly no constitutional expert but doesn't the inclusion of the word "foreign" in the description of terrorist organizations preclude revoking one's citizenship for domestic terrorism?

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I'm admittedly no constitutional expert but doesn't the inclusion of the word "foreign" in the description of terrorist organizations preclude revoking one's citizenship for domestic terrorism?
    Not with the current administration, Who knows about subsequent political leadership.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Nor am I, but it appears they replaced the word "if" ...foreign", with "or" ...foreign", which makes "foreign" logically inclusive, not exclusive.

Tricky, these sly bastards, so it may ultimately depend on what the meaning of "is" is. ;)

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Nor am I, but it appears they replaced the word "if" ...foreign", with "or" ...foreign", which makes "foreign" logically inclusive, not exclusive.

Tricky, these sly bastards, so it may ultimately depend on what the meaning of "is" is. ;)
    Does this target anyone in a blue dress??/

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I believe that we need to be very careful with this since the Fed has a hardon for calling everyone a terrorist these days. If you stock pile too much food will they strip your citizenship?

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I'd be very careful with this law. The whole patriot act turned out so well for the Constitution and freedom in general. This is the same double edged sword. I can see the progressive wheels turning. Why discriminate against Muslims? Why should domestic terrorists not get equal treatment? The wording can be altered very slightly and if you thought the IRS targeting conservative groups was bad you're going to be in for a nasty surprise. This admin and many others before have shown a complete disdain for the Constitution and laws of the land. They don't need any more help in finding ways to harass and intimidate their opposition. Who is to stop some dipshit beurocrat from designating TGT or the Tea Party as domestic terrorists?

Sorry, but in all honesty the chances of ISIS or some other terror group harming me and mine is far less than my government doing so. Rack up the body count from all terror attacks in history and I'm willing to bet it doesn't even come close to the carnage of just one batshit crazy government.

Top Bottom