• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I don't think anyone would disagree with what you just said. Having formerly represented people in similar matters,I understand exactly what Sean is saying. While people can bike 5 miles to work every day, most simply WON'T do it. I never advocated DWLS but I certainly understood why my clients did it.
    Guns International

raduque

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Corpus Christi
    Besides, guns are expensive; if you can't afford a DL, you can't afford a gun.
    I can afford both, I already have both.

You know what is funny, though? The fact that you got in an accident with no driver's license and still think that other people can't drive.

I was forced into the accident by a teenaged girl in a truck attempting to turn into a parking lot from the left lane of traffic while I was occupying the area that she "needed" to go through. She reversed from the stop light because she missed the entrance. If it hadn't been me that she hit, it would've been somebody else. The police put the fault on her 100%.

And you know what, I know I was in the wrong driving without my Texas license. I was in the wrong driving my mom to the hospital and driving my drunk friend home so he didn't kill anybody, the only other two times I've driven since my WV license expired.

Oh, and despite the fact that I didn't have a valid license, I didn't drive stupid, which is what I mean't by "can't drive". I see people all the time, supposedly with licenses, exceeding the speed limit by 20+mph, travelling for miles in the turning lanes, weaving in and out of traffic, blocking intersections, merging with freeway traffic at 20 under the freeway speeds, and yapping non-stop on cell phones.

You know what else? I have my license now and I still don't drive (and it's not for lack of vehicle).

2 a decrease of idiot drivers on the road = less traffic.
    Yes, because everybody with a license is a perfect driver. :rolleyes:

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Originally Posted by CanTex 2 a decrease of idiot drivers on the road = less traffic.
    Yes, because everybody with a license is a perfect driver. :rolleyes:

Nope, but when you weed out those who make bad choices from the start you do significantly reduce the numbers. Why would you think that driving your mother to the hospital is a smart thing to do? CAB/AMBULANCE. Why would you think driving a drunk home prevented him from killing someone? You drove illegally. Committed a crime. Is this a smart thing to do? NO. How about calling a cab and the two of you taking it home?
    Driving a family member to the hospital when they have an emergency puts a stressed driver behind the wheel who is paying as much attention to their injured party as they are to the road... if they are paying attention at all. Not Smart. If it is not an emergency... well why drive illegally.

"I see people all the time, supposedly with licenses, exceeding the speed limit by 20+mph, travelling for miles in the turning lanes, weaving in and out of traffic, blocking intersections, merging with freeway traffic at 20 under the freeway speeds, and yapping non-stop on cell phones."

So, if we remove all the non licensed drivers would this number of people be affected? I believe the statistic in Florida is that 40% of cars on the road are driven by people without DL or without insurance. Law of averages says that this number of people you see doing this behavior would be cut almost in 1/2. Making it way safer for all of us on the road.

You feel you have VALID reasons for committing a crime. Re think, there are/were other options. Now, this is not a personal attack, I have been guilty of bad driving decisions in the past, fortunately I did not injure anyone or get stopped. Obviously you are lots younger and are growing up. For you to have posted this I commend you. But we all have to start standing up and saying THIS IS WRONG there are other options. (hopefully you will be doing so at a much younger age than I was when started)

Top Bottom