Sheriff Deputy Robbed

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by slim jim, Mar 26, 2008.

1. slim jim

slim jim Official News Guy

Mar 18, 2008
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/stories/MYSA032508.deputyrobbed.kens.2538b141.html

Off-duty deputy robbed at car wash

[SIZE=-1]Web Posted: 03/25/2008 10:09 AM CDT

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]KENS 5 Eyewitness News[/SIZE]

Police are looking for two thieves who robbed an off-duty Bexar County sheriff's deputy.
    The off-duty Bexar county deputy was at a carwash washing his personal motorcycle about 11:00 p.m. on Monday when two armed men walked up.
    They noticed he had some lights on his bike, and asked if he was a law officer.
    He told them he was. In spite of that, they took his wallet and a 40-caliber handgun.
    The deputy wasn't hurt.

Another case of being in "Condition White". :eek:

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That's pretty crazy. I guess you pick your fights. Getting caught with no safety zone, little cover, and stacked odds is no bueno.

3. Longtooths

Longtooths Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    Wow those boys had some cajones.

Also a good way to explain a missing issued weapon. Hmmmm

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wow, you can bet Bexar County Sheriff's will be bringing an @ss whuppin' with them when they catch those guys! ;) That's almost as bad as the kid that walked in to a Florida police station and tried to rob the receptionist: http://www.realvideosite.com/News_4080_Kids-rob-police-station

Yep, some real Darwin award quality individuals there. ;)

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The sad and scary thing is, so many of these people are young, and they have no fear. If they have no fear, they're much more dangerous.

6. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    to Rob a LEO takes a lot of something, I wonder if they took his ID and Badge with his gun??to loose a gun is bad but to loose your badge and ID card is worse. now you have a BG with a SO badge and gun. I wonder if they going to use it for another robbery or even worse something else.

I hope they find then fast and take there time to make sure there case is AIR TIGHT

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Exactly. People need to punish and spank their kids when they're young and when the situation warrants it; teach them some respect basically. Unfortunately these days a lot more kids grow up without a fear of punishment and a fearless attitude since more and more parents these days are too politically correct for their children's own good, and spanking is not PC in many areas.

8. SO758

SO758 Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    How did he let 2 people walk up on him and get the drop?
    BEWARE of your surroundings!!!

9. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    When I am out in the view of others, I have my spidey sense working over time. I would hate to have to write the report on how and why I lost me Badge and Id.

Lessen to be learned here is ALL WAYS WATCH YOUR SIX

10. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    It could happen to anyone.He is only human.Luckily they did not shoot him.I hope they get them fast before they commit a murder with his gun.