• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    One day while at work I was talking to an engineer and he said for our neighborhood foundation piling need to go 18 feet deep to hit something solid. As he said the area was all at the bottom of a bay at one time, and that's were the gumbo soil/clay came from.

Where I grew up outside of Chicago everyone had a basement or crawl space. Our was a cider block build with no rebar or concrete inside the blocks. We had a crack around rte basement that was freeze line deep. It was eye opening how much the walls actually moved with the seasons. At least we didn't have radon gas in our basement.

Cider blocks..... yum!!
    ARJ Defense ad

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I'm looking, but don't see your receipt of ownership of this thread.....lol When some yankee wants to come in and do a drive-by insult, it requires retort.......lol

You're right, I don't own the thread. I just started it to ask for help with something.
    I got help, and good ideas, and I've already posted the outcome of the project - so if you want to crap all over the thread now, have a ball.

It's just too bad the rest of us had to see your garbage picture.
    But I can make it go away easy enough, and you too.

Peace out.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    To sort of answer @benenglish, pier and beam homes can be pretty easily adjusted... if the crawlspace has enough room to work. Take a couple of jacks down there, and jack up and shim the offending low area.
    I like the idea of the built in jacks, but with my luck, after 20+ years under the house, when I needed to adjust them, they'd be rusted stuck... :( :roflsmile:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You're right, I don't own the thread. I just started it to ask for help with something.
    I got help, and good ideas, and I've already posted the outcome of the project - so if you want to crap all over the thread now, have a ball.

Peace out.

Wow....really? My apologies - I didn't realize that you were that kind of person....but now I know - and won't worry about ever reading one of "your" threads again.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Wow....really? My apologies - I didn't realize that you were that kind of person....but now I know - and won't worry about ever reading one of "your" threads again.
    Thanks, but no apology necessary!

It's not a possessiveness "my thread" thing; there have been several good tangential exchanges in the thread, and I'm learning something from all of them.

It was getting flipped off by your pic, full width on a 24" screen no less, that prompted me to try a Barney Fife -
    tgt196.jpg

I know your intended target was BigRed... the rest of us just got the pleasure of seeing it too.

It's really no biggie...at least I hope not.
    I just realized I called @Vaquero a turd. :roflfunny:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Peace out.
    Thats not very nice

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom