• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am hosting SouthNarc in Bastrop,TX Dec. 11-12 for the AMIS class.

The AMIS class will explore use of cover, movement from one piece of cover to the next, concealment, low light tactics, movement through a building, etc.....

I am excited about this class as it's offered only a couple of times a year and it's great to have it near home. Feel free to pm or ask any questions. There's no live ammo needed for this class, just airsoft gear. So that should help keep the cost down.

OUTLINE for AMIS

ShivWorks
    Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS)
    The ShivWorks Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS) course is a twenty hour block of instruction focusing
    on negotiating movement problems within structures with limited or no resources. Realizing that
    moving through a structure that contains armed hostiles, perhaps by one’s self, is probably the most
    dangerous task one can undertake, the best options for winning a confrontation are presented with the
    qualification that there is no safe way to do this.
    Topics covered include:
    Day One (12 hours):
    •Viewing the environment in terms of the unseen
    •Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal planes of visual obscurement
    •Distance variables and the visual apex
    •Threshold evaluation
    •Dynamic and Deliberate movement
    •Room Entry factors (known versus unknown)
    •Minimizing multiple exposure
    •Modifying the fighting platform to conform to cover and concealment
    •Re-setting/Disrupting the adversary’s OODA loop
    •Chalk board exercises
    •Dry-runs
    •FoF evolutions
    •Low-light module
    Day Two (8 hours)
    •Practical Exercises for egress, search, and third-party rescue

Equipment Required
    Airsoft pistol, airsoft ammunition, wrap around eye/face protection suitable for Airsoft and man-marking
    cartridges, holster, groin protection, flashlight. Course cost for 20 hours of instruction is $400.00

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OUTSTANDING class!!!! I'll keep it short, but we learned a LOT!!! It was an AWESOME CLASS!

I'll post up some pics & AAR soon. The low light part was very, very good with some flashlight gear talk, and hands on practical application.
    A lot of thought & design went into this course material.

We worked some fof, low light and no light problems. It was very much a tactical techniques class, in that you had to apply the
    concepts in real time to solve the problems of angles/exposure. If you didn't there was a real possibility of immediately paying for your mistakes.

If you geat an opportunity to train with SouthNarc, you should capitalize on it. You'll come away with more than your money's worth. I know I have.

Top Bottom