Shoot guns in state park

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dragon281tx, May 27, 2009.

1. dragon281tx

dragon281tx Member

May 9, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    I'm not sure if I put it in the right section but here's my question: Are we allowed to shoot guns in state parks? More specifically Brazos Bend State Park? I heard that people shoot/plink there by the river. I just wanted to verify it because I don't want to bring my firearms there and then get arrested because I have firearms in a state park.

2. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    As far as I know it is illegal to even poses a firearm in a state park. I could be wrong tho. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

3. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/parkinfo/rules_and_regulations/#5c
    State Park Operational Rules

(f) Arms and Firearms.
    It is an offense to:
    1. possess a firearm with a cartridge or projectile in any portion of the mechanism, except when authorized by the commission or the director;
    2. display a firearm, except when authorized by the director; and
    3. discharge across, in, or into a state park any arm, firearm, or device capable of injuring or killing any person or animal or damaging or destroying public or private property except when authorized by the director.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well there you go! No guns in a State park.
    Thanks for doing all the work for me TXSUT. :happy0001:

5. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I get to play TXInvestigator :lolz: Doesn't say no guns in State Park. You can have an unloaded gun in your possession just can't display it or shoot it. That's the way I read it but yeah to get back to original question about plinkin along the river........definitely can't do that. Just messin with you!:patriot:

Okie556

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. dragon281tx

dragon281tx Member

May 9, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Thanks guys, especially TXSUT, for clearing that up. I guess my source was wrong. Funny though cuz he's a cop. I better clarify with him wth he was talking about.